Just got a new riding mower.

Had some scratches on the hood (it's metal) just from assembly I guess, or running a dirty shop rag across it to wipe it off.

Was it overkill to break out my buffer to remove the scratches, and wax the whole thing? My wife thinks I'm crazy. 🤔

Hey. Yagotta take care of the outside as well as the inside, (oil changes, etc..). Just put a coat of AutoGlym High Definition Wax on my Craftsman rider mower this week. Also changed the oil and hit the zerks with an annual supply of grease. :)

I noticed in your signature you own a Corvette. This is normal behavior and as a fellow Corvette owner I would wonder if you used regular wax or a ceramic wax. LOL! I wax my riding mower too and try to keep it looking as nice as I can without being too anal. Congrats on the new mower!

Had some scratches on the hood (it's metal) just from assembly I guess, or running a dirty shop rag across it to wipe it off.

Was it overkill to break out my buffer to remove the scratches, and wax the whole thing? My wife thinks I'm crazy. 🤔
It's how you feel, not what others think. I wax my rider's hood once in a while and don't care what others think, I just do it.

My friend's father-in-law waxes his washer and dryer, so you are in the middle of the bell curve IMHO
Call me crazy but I do the same thing. I just use the remnants of whatever left over spray wax I have at the time. They do get dusty and need cleaning every now and again so why not use spray wax?

I'd like to invite you washer fans over to have a go at my 13 year old Kioti 30hp tractor that's never been washed. Has a ton of residue on all the grease fittings to make it interesting with a 6 ft pull behind mower even worse. Beer and pretzels provided! :rolleyes:

Back