just found out my engine was flushed 2 years ago, yuck. anything i should do?

I was checking the service history on the car I purchased - 2006 Mazda 3 2.3L 95,000 miles and of course the guy took it to an oil change place and seems like they did a engine flush. This was about 1-2 years ago and so far it doesn't seem like the engine leaks or any known problems. Just seems like such a money grab when these lube places do them on such a low KM engine. I know for some vehicles its fine to do an engine flush if you have sludge problems but I dont believe thats the case for my engine. Wondering if theres anything I should do from now on to ensure that the flush doesn't end up causing issues in the near future? Was thinking of just leaving it alone and running HM oil when I can cuz that shouldn't hurt. Currently got Mobil HM in it right now for the first oil change!!

The main issue with a flush is the possibility of breaking loose a chunk of sludge and having it block an oil return to the pan. That would be noticed during the flush or right after.

Now the CarTalk guys said they tried to flush a few cars with diesel fuel and it always trashed the engine. But they also said it had worked for a few people they knew.

Dont lose any sleep over something that happened two years ago that has no effect today.

More of a money grab than a problem, but no harm in a full volume oil change as 10-20% of a given sump is in the rest of the engine.

The main issue with a flush is the possibility of breaking loose a chunk of sludge and having it block an oil return to the pan. That would be noticed during the flush or right after.

What's the real possibility of sludge forming in relatively new engines with contemporary oils? I suppose if regular, reasonable oil changes are not done, the potential increases. And how long might it take for sludge to form? Months? Years? (I know the answer "depends", but just some generalizations might be useful? Thanks!

Why would there be a problem? Why would there be something to do?
just heard the bads of flushes and didnt think it was necessary on a low mileage engine, just thought i would ask incase there was something i could do to reverse any bad that may have happened

There is nothing that can be done to reverse damage to an engine.
JC Whitney sold some stuff called "instant engine overhaul" that you squeezed into each spark plug hole like toothpaste and it restored your engine to better than new considiton. So the write-up said. I read the JC Whitney paper catalog to see all the odd and interesting stuff they sold but never bought much.

An engine flush is a good idea on a newly-acquired vehicle, if the maintenance history is unknown and the valve covers look dirty.

JC Whitney sold some stuff called "instant engine overhaul" that you squeezed into each spark plug hole like toothpaste and it restored your engine to better than new considiton. So the write-up said. I read the JC Whitney paper catalog to see all the odd and interesting stuff they sold but never bought much.
I'd love to see an engine that is "better than new." How is that even possible? :ROFLMAO:

Most of the atuff posted about flushes are internet boogeyman...nothing to worry about after 2 years...or a week for that matter.

You can't undo what was done, so drive it and worry if/when something happens. What you can do is don't add a flush to it again.

I had one customer with a Buick 3800, came in for regular oil changes and nothing else. But she had always had a flush added every oil change (looking in the history). I'm not sure who convinced her to add the flush, but I think I did it at her request the first time, the next time I explained to her that she really didn't need it because she changed her oil frequently enough that her engine should be plenty clean inside by now. Told her to spend the $10 somewhere else and not sorry about the oil. However that car probably got a flush every oil change for years before I talked her out of it.

Not sure if that was worse or the customers that insisted on a bottle of Lucas added to the oil.

I was checking the service history on the car I purchased - 2006 Mazda 3 2.3L 95,000 miles and of course the guy took it to an oil change place and seems like they did a engine flush. This was about 1-2 years ago and so far it doesn't seem like the engine leaks or any known problems. Just seems like such a money grab when these lube places do them on such a low KM engine. I know for some vehicles its fine to do an engine flush if you have sludge problems but I dont believe thats the case for my engine. Wondering if theres anything I should do from now on to ensure that the flush doesn't end up causing issues in the near future? Was thinking of just leaving it alone and running HM oil when I can cuz that shouldn't hurt. Currently got Mobil HM in it right now for the first oil change!!
Relax. Quit worrying....in the old days folks would add a quart of kerosene to dissolve deposits and remove oil pans to scrape off sludge.. Today's engine oils are much better and higher Thermostats keep moisture a minimum. Back then when I worked on my cars Thermostats were typically 170-180 F. When they moved to 195 F a lot of cars overheated.

Back