Just for fun!!!

On Sunday, it was time for an OC on my GF's VW Jetta VR6. We stopped in at WM and I proceeded to line up 5qt. jugs of Mobil 1, Castrol Syntec, Valvoline Synpower, and PP. I asked which one she would prefer. Of course, she answers "I don't care" and this was absolutely no fun for her, so I asked her just to pick one based soley on which bottle appealed to her. She wasted no time in pointing at the jug of PP. Lucky for me, PP was the cheapest at $20 (also had to get a 1qt since crankcase calls for 5.3qts.) Anyway...if you had to choose your oil of choice based on looks, whose marketing/packaging appeals to U? Just for fun, My vote: Castrol EDGE, gotta love the gold.

Because green is my favorite color, GTX High Mileage and dino Quaker State.

Originally Posted By: maximus
Yeah, that deep metallic green reminds me of the color the Aurora monster model, the Creature from the Black Lagoon, was molded in. Motorcraft's bottles are more of an orange to me, rather than a real red.

Originally Posted By: maximus
I have to agree with you on the Quaker state bottle,it looks so nice.

I have always wanted to try Syntec just becuase I like the look of the bottle! But the price usually stops me and I pick up the Motorcraft instead.

The best, and there really should be no argument here, are the clear QS bottles. I mean could be better; you can see if there is any additive fall out and is the best for topping up with partial quarts.

Originally Posted By: CATERHAM
The best, and there really should be no argument here, are the clear QS bottles. I mean could be better; you can see if there is any additive fall out and is the best for topping up with partial quarts.
I stripped the labels off a few of them and use them to store leftovers from the 5 quart jugs. Not too keen on the narrow opening.