Just filled the 2021 Prius Prime with TGMO 0W-16 at Long Beach Toyota

• First oil change: Timed it one year after vehicle manufacture date, which is a few weeks before the vehicle purchase date, mileage: 7,370 miles
  • Warmed up the car for 22 miles
  • Little wait time at the dealer—the whole thing less than an hour
  • Long Beach Toyota does a good job with the service
  • TGMO 0W-16 was $3.49 a quart—about the same price per quart equivalent of 5-quart Walmart Super Tech jugs, despite being made by ExxonMobil and having a much higher quality
  • Toyota 90915-YZZN1 OEM spin-on oil filter was $4.05
  • Complimentary free maintenance for the first two years
  • "Broke in" the oil for 22 miles on the way back, 2021 Prius Prime got 93.6 mpg on the MFD in mixed highway/city driving, which is about 85.6 real mpg after accounting for the 3 mpg due to 2% drop in the EV battery SOC and 5 mpg overestimation of the MFD
FUFDakbyMcAytb4ElivGld0XQSROB-BPVW7sMABVO7vcv3q6kX-ZSBcW0icXvkvSBlLpsU6FP8-zkghWOQRWPYZd7kzivY1rc3E9qi051isHCMM8G7XTs0yCfaKcvQntfo89ValHllXsv5cEwZxXzWbRlGaGiw3nB5VqWpDreV3AAcDgomki4PWDhMFSguh6bI2x5I8PKsvDzXVZCWfFyin0kYwpcXVw2iR4wVGb69pgGL1Xsufk--94tSR1eQYRfuToam1KNyi96Fhi1FVF1VyJw57ur0euI2WU_WxaWCGRDGQwUAZriXl9827PuSl6rckzvkG7x6_eaUT6JpSNLaDpTXAqzLzZfvT-mMs26gBso16S9JurVgMy66KEfyI5L2bzus0GkeHenEsdGi4K0zanpIVUpeIDUPiY539zpn4MbDZ8HjULOYuwH12rb-zFMHpMNCsVD89acmhGIdaXpfsGCItr8xwtOk-BhrjPi42QhozbJGDyglHvKCNReV56dOIKVHRZI2sqe4PyBjcmgCtIawVFu7SJFpEhGzHhauroybfcuCpc9MC68z7fzxLWHixjTKzaYiYjf9cN8ArSyp3iLec1mhOv-u-XTQ067JrckQJ70rJE0-5TUs-VgYlBwPj6g-yH9X1otvuuXKBuLYjpG5QYI7AZHP-3AwSsON0oKZZ4BBMxaqZ0f7knxGqBw4YYtlMTW5JowH6MnPVb_PKD2A=w2073-h2160-no

There's 2 Toyota dealerships in Long Beach: Cabe & West Coast.

Also, did they overfill your oil? If you paid them to change your oil, I bet the unit price of the oil would be double.

There's 2 Toyota dealerships in Long Beach: Cabe & West Coast.

Also, did they overfill your oil? If you paid them to change your oil, I bet the unit price of the oil would be double.
West Coast Toyota. I didn't check the oil level but checked all the various filler caps and valve caps, as they were previously forgot to be put on at some other dealer.

West Coast Toyota. I didn't check the oil level but checked all the various filler caps and valve caps, as they were previously forgot to be put on at some other dealer.
If you buy the 0w16 at the parts counter, it's $7 and change per quart. That's the first thing I did when I bought my HiHy in July...and ordered crossbars for the car. The 5000 mile oil cost me $60 plus tax, usually it's $70 plus tax, but the service advisor gave me $10 off.

I had an appointment on a saturday, and it was a busy day... and a took a few hours to do the 5000 mile service.

Too bad they don't have cars in the showroom, for me to occupy my time.

If you buy the 0w16 at the parts counter, it's $7 and change per quart. That's the first thing I did when I bought my HiHy in July...and ordered crossbars for the car. The 5000 mile oil cost me $60 plus tax, usually it's $70 plus tax, but the service advisor gave me $10 off.

I had an appointment on a saturday, and it was a busy day... and a took a few hours to do the 5000 mile service.

Too bad they don't have cars in the showroom, for me to occupy my time.
No, that's not how to buy TGMO. You must either negotiate the price to below $4 per quart in person or simply order it online from the Toyota Parts website and then pick it up at the dealer with no shipping fee. Culver City sells it for $3.77:

In any case, MSRP is $4.65, and if you paid more than that, you were ripped off big time:

I see you also go to West Coast Toyota.

The part prices listed there are all MSRP.

It is interesting that your part number 00279-16QTE-01 for TGMO 0W-16 is different than my 00279-BLK16-01. Mine has an MSRP of $4.65, and yours has $7.63.

Perhaps mine is bulk oil as the BLK in the part number suggests. Yours has QTE, which means quart. They didn't use to have bulk TGMO 0W-16 in the past, but perhaps they have it now. I wonder what happens if you order 5 quarts of it online and show up at the dealer to pick it up. Perhaps, you better bring an empty 5-quart jug with you, but then you don't know what they actually fill it with. :)

• First oil change: Timed it one year after vehicle manufacture date, which is a few weeks before the vehicle purchase date, mileage: 7,370 miles
  • Warmed up the car for 22 miles
  • Little wait time at the dealer—the whole thing less than an hour
  • Long Beach Toyota does a good job with the service
  • TGMO 0W-16 was $3.49 a quart—about the same price per quart equivalent of 5-quart Walmart Super Tech jugs, despite being made by ExxonMobil and having a much higher quality
  • Toyota 90915-YZZN1 OEM spin-on oil filter was $4.05
  • Complimentary free maintenance for the first two years
  • "Broke in" the oil for 22 miles on the way back, 2021 Prius Prime got 93.6 mpg on the MFD in mixed highway/city driving, which is about 85.6 real mpg after accounting for the 3 mpg due to 2% drop in the EV battery SOC and 5 mpg overestimation of the MFD
FUFDakbyMcAytb4ElivGld0XQSROB-BPVW7sMABVO7vcv3q6kX-ZSBcW0icXvkvSBlLpsU6FP8-zkghWOQRWPYZd7kzivY1rc3E9qi051isHCMM8G7XTs0yCfaKcvQntfo89ValHllXsv5cEwZxXzWbRlGaGiw3nB5VqWpDreV3AAcDgomki4PWDhMFSguh6bI2x5I8PKsvDzXVZCWfFyin0kYwpcXVw2iR4wVGb69pgGL1Xsufk--94tSR1eQYRfuToam1KNyi96Fhi1FVF1VyJw57ur0euI2WU_WxaWCGRDGQwUAZriXl9827PuSl6rckzvkG7x6_eaUT6JpSNLaDpTXAqzLzZfvT-mMs26gBso16S9JurVgMy66KEfyI5L2bzus0GkeHenEsdGi4K0zanpIVUpeIDUPiY539zpn4MbDZ8HjULOYuwH12rb-zFMHpMNCsVD89acmhGIdaXpfsGCItr8xwtOk-BhrjPi42QhozbJGDyglHvKCNReV56dOIKVHRZI2sqe4PyBjcmgCtIawVFu7SJFpEhGzHhauroybfcuCpc9MC68z7fzxLWHixjTKzaYiYjf9cN8ArSyp3iLec1mhOv-u-XTQ067JrckQJ70rJE0-5TUs-VgYlBwPj6g-yH9X1otvuuXKBuLYjpG5QYI7AZHP-3AwSsON0oKZZ4BBMxaqZ0f7knxGqBw4YYtlMTW5JowH6MnPVb_PKD2A=w2073-h2160-no
Double check their work. My gf 2018 camry just came off toyota care "plus." This is Toyota of glendale. Car was maintaned there since new. Leaky oil everwhere and a barely tight plug with non oem washer. OEM toyota filter adbv barely held any oil. Oil was down 1/4 quart. Do not recommend.

I see you also go to West Coast Toyota.

The part prices listed there are all MSRP.

It is interesting that your part number 00279-16QTE-01 for TGMO 0W-16 is different than my 00279-BLK16-01. Mine has an MSRP of $4.65, and yours has $7.63.

Perhaps mine is bulk oil as the BLK in the part number suggests. Yours has QTE, which means quart. They didn't use to have bulk TGMO 0W-16 in the past, but perhaps they have it now. I wonder what happens if you order 5 quarts of it online and show up at the dealer to pick it up. Perhaps, you better bring an empty 5-quart jug with you, but then you don't know what they actually fill it with. :)
One number is for Toyota Care oil changes, the other is for regular. I worked Toyota parts for a bit, this was a big deal to get right or the dealer won't get reimbursed. We didn't have loose quarts it was all bulk TGMO, but Toyota wanted the quart part number.

We did have loose quarts in case the guns went down, but we never sold them to the public. We really didn't stock oil that way.

What parts bills out, and how many can sometimes deviate heavily from what really happens. We rounded quarts up for example just easier to deal with whole numbers in the system.

Funny, some hack on ToyotaNation keeps on rambling about Toyota exemption for the TEOST test, and how TEOST really matters in a non-turbo hybrid engine.

Back