Just Curious... Why Don't We Here About

Status
Not open for further replies.
There have been massacres in police stations and military installations worldwide, with a few happening here.
Tell the Brits that a police station or military barracks in Belfast has never been raided.
It's all a matter of how determined an attacker is, as well as how well the attack is planned.
It's common doctrine that an attacker willing to trade his life for the target will be very difficult to stop.
There is nobody better protected by armed men than our presidents.
How many have been shot, or had armed attackers within a few yards of them?
There's nothing magical about being armed, particularly if the armed man has very limited training and spends little time on a range.

Originally Posted By: C4Dave
massacres in police precincts?
Well, because the shooter would be facing alot of armed people and wouldn't live very long.

Police are trained how to deal with violent criminal situations and many wear some type of bullet proof vest. This is a lot more than being trained how to safely shoot a gun.

A gun owner defending himself in his home is way different than a gun owner defending himself in a crowded mall.

Originally Posted By: Donald
Police are trained how to deal with violent criminal situations and many wear some type of bullet proof vest. This is a lot more than being trained how to safely shoot a gun.

A gun owner defending himself in his home is way different than a gun owner defending himself in a crowded mall.

That may be true but I still have the right to defend myself in the crowded mall.....

Plus, a gun owner using his weapon in a crowded mall is as likely to hit innocents as he is the real target.
The average gun owner has neither the training nor the accuracy to be effective in a high pressure life or death situation.
This is why I personally see no need to get a concealed carry permit nor do I have any desire to carry a weapon.
Too much potential for things to go badly unless one trains and shoots on a regular basis, which aside from hobby shooters, most of us aren't going to do.

Originally Posted By: RiceCake
In before the lock.

X2

35.gif

Originally Posted By: Donald

Didn't we just have a situation where police hit several innocents not just the perp. I'm not sure they are that much more trained. I'm not sure you can train anyone for a live fire life and death situation, so I'm not sure that have that much advantage vs an armed citizen that practices regularly. I know a lot of people who practice more than some of my leo friends.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: fdcg27
Plus, a gun owner using his weapon in a crowded mall is as likely to hit innocents as he is the real target.
The average gun owner has neither the training nor the accuracy to be effective in a high pressure life or death situation.
This is why I personally see no need to get a concealed carry permit nor do I have any desire to carry a weapon.
Too much potential for things to go badly unless one trains and shoots on a regular basis, which aside from hobby shooters, most of us aren't going to do.

Things can go even worse if you are faced with a gunman and you have no way to defend yourself..........By the way, the shooting in the oregon mall was stopped by a good guy with a gun. Wonder how much worse it would have gotten if he wasnt there.....

Last edited:
The shooting at the Springfield Mall in 1985 was stopped by a guy without a gun.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sylvia_Seegrist

John Laufer, who did not realize Sylvia was firing real bullets, disarmed her as she walked up to him and tried to raise her gun to shoot him. Laufer forced her to a nearby store while he waited for the arrival of mall security

English Police are not armed [or they weren't - not sure now].
And the military base where our soldiers were killed in this country were NOT allowed to have arms!
This is the one practically universal constant with those who spray and kill - targets are unarmed and defenseless.

Originally Posted By: Trajan
The shooting at the Springfield Mall in 1985 was stopped by a guy without a gun.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sylvia_Seegrist

John Laufer, who did not realize Sylvia was firing real bullets, disarmed her as she walked up to him and tried to raise her gun to shoot him. Laufer forced her to a nearby store while he waited for the arrival of mall security

Glad that worked out, I bet YOU or anyone else for that matter would not walk up to an "active" gunman and disarm him while he is shooting. She was not pointing the gun at him already shich allowed him to get the jump on her. That worked out for the best, but most do not work out that way.

Last edited:
Guns for everyone! I am sure that would turn out best. I just can't figure out why we have the greatest gun violence of any place. Must be mult-culturalism or mental health or something else. We all know that cars, ice, weather, bricks, etc. kill so since we cannot ban them all let's just ignore things and let horrible things happen while hoping someone manages to shoot the right guy first.

Oh yeah, beat the lock.

ref

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back