Just changed oil with Mobil Drive Clean Plus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, the information on this oil was quite small but with the repuation of Mobil's high quality oils, i said why not. The engine has some get go now. I'm running a O'Reily Micro-Gard (aka, Purolator Premium Plus)oil filter. I'll try and do a UOA but I have no idea what to do and its a 95 Jeep GC w/ 4.0L I-6 so its a strong strong and it has no problems. It has 67K miles. I mostly make short trips here and there (since i'm a teen) and I didn't wanna go all out for synthetic since its expensive and i was like hmm, i need some extra protection. I used Chevron 10W30 in my old Jeep and it was good but then I wrecked it. I can't make a comparison since it had 140K miles and sooo many performance accessories. Am I making a good choice by going to a synthetic blend oil? I change it a 3K miles. (Even if i had synthetic, i'd probably change it a 3K miles anyway.)

[ June 24, 2003, 12:02 AM: Message edited by: JeepZJ4.0 ]

quote:

Originally posted by Neonmike22:
If it adds to your piece of mind, you can use a taller PH8 or equivalent oil filter without any issues. I have one on my mom's '93 GC's 4.0.

Hmm.... after looking at that oil filter pressure study that Bob performed, I'd like to stick with a Purolator Premium Plus Filter. Anyone know of a vehicle that uses a Motorcraft FL-1A so i can cross reference it with an O'Reily Microgard Oil Filter. I don't think our Windstar uses one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back