Just breaking on CNN - another one dead!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
What a shame
smile.gif
. I guess we should have given him a heart transplant.

He was fighting for what he belived.
We will not know in our lifetimes if his beliefs are right or wrong.
We will may find out in the end.
As for wishing people dead "WHAT WOULD JESUS DO"

I have to agree with goodoleboy. You guys are a bit harsh. Its all prespective and its a person.

quote:

So now fighting involves purposely torturing then killing people in wheelchairs? I fail to see exactly what this man's actions had to do with ANY cause. Jesus said you can tell a man by his actions....

Perhaps my header is a bit harsh, and I don't "wish" anyone dead. I will, however, continue to fight for a cause that I believe right and just. When scum like this die, it just means there is one less walking on our earth.

I guess his hate is as bad as yours. You think he is scum others have the same mentality like Ron who wish him a "slow Painful death"
Does not sound any better than torture of people in a wheelchair. He was locked up in a prison cell.He can do no more harm from his cell. But Some still wish him a "painful death"
It depends what side of the issue you are fighting for.
I think Jesus was right, but redemption and forgivensss also is something Jesus Spoke of also

What would Jesus Do if he had the choice of killing him or forgiving him? I know the answer.

[ March 10, 2004, 08:32 AM: Message edited by: goodoleboy ]

quote:

Originally posted by goodoleboy:
We will may find out in the end.
As for wishing people dead "WHAT WOULD JESUS DO"

Goodoleboy,

Excuse me, but some of us can are not blinded by moral relativism. Would it take you a "lifetime" to decide that shooting a wheelchair bound man in the back of the head and wheeling him off the side of an oceanliner into the sea is "wrong". If there is some doubt in your mind as to what is right or wrong, maybe you haven't been reading the Bible that seems to provide your convictions. Last time I checked, the Bible wasn't scared to pronounce what is right or wrong.

quote:

Let's see if I have this straight. Hijacking defenseless civilians and shooting them, right or wrong? That sure is a tough one, please get back to us when you figure it out.

Keith.

I'm glad that POS is dead too!!!! I hope he suffered!

I always get a kick out of folks that want to forgive and love these monsters! I work with someone who is like that and I ask them what if Osama Bin Ladin or a bad guy like him came to your house broke down your door and let his men have their way with your wife, shoot your kids in the head and then burned down your house would you forgive him and love him???? I think not! These monsters want us Americans and all Christians let alone any other religion not their own anilated!!!!

What would Jesus do? I know he wants us to fight these evil poeple and protect ourselfs!

quote:

Originally posted by keith:

quote:

Let's see if I have this straight. Hijacking defenseless civilians and shooting them, right or wrong? That sure is a tough one, please get back to us when you figure it out.

Keith.

The whole middle east situation is rife with this moral equivalency foolishness. It's a smokescreen so terrorists can pretend they're something other than terrorists.

For example - We launch air strikes that target terrorists and accidentally kill a few civilians. To a terrorist, this is morally equivalent to intentionally walking on a bus filled with women and children and detonating a suicide bomb.

Sorry, they aren't equivalent, and no one in their right mind could think they were...

quote:

Originally posted by Pablo:

quote:

So now fighting involves purposely torturing then killing people in wheelchairs?

Oh, I think you are being a bit harsh. One can push people in wheelchairs to their death with a clear conscience-as long as it is for a noble cause right?? Hmmmm... let me think about that for a second.
smile.gif

I bet also that they fed him several McDonalds cheese burgers every day. (Hoped they spiked it with pork
grin.gif
)

The replies in this post indicate just how confused so many people in this country are today. The typical person at this web site probably tends to be somewhat conservative but look at all of the above. Are we so confused about what is right and wrong that we can somehow justify the murder of a innocent man in a wheel chair being shot in the head by a terrorist and pushed off a cruise ship-all probably just because the man in the wheelchair was Jewish?

And check out this confusion. Some have doubts about the rightness or wrongness of murdering a poor helpless Jewish man in a wheelchair on a cruise ship, but many are convinced that a mere movie about Jesus should be banned because it is 'anti-Jewish.' Really? A movie is worse then the actual murder of a man in a wheelchair? And some want to lecture me on critical thinking and logic?

I think as human beings we should have some innate ability to determine right from wrong. How anybody could somehow have doubts that murdering a helpless man in a wheelchair is wrong is beyond my understanding. And if some people here can have such doubts then just consider society in general.

People in society in general seem to be losing the ability to determine right from wrong. Many people seem convinced that it is okay to get ahead anyway that you can, hook or crook.

I find myself kind of glad actually that I have fewer days ahead then days in the past. We all die (our physical bodies all die). I think I would prefer to be gone the day that the majority of people in this country lose all ability to judge right from wrong.

Just one more thing-I don't hope a painful death on anybody, and that includes terrorists. But I don't think this terrorist is going to be missed by the civilized world. His spirit has moved on. Now he can have that personal meeting with God.

The politician got up on the stage and addressed the troops leaving for war. He said that our side was going to wing because God was on out side. And then the old retired prize fighter got up on the stage and addressed the troops. He said that our side was going to win because we were on God's side. The old prize fighter was wiser then the silly politician.

In the end I want to be on God's side.

quote:

One can push people in wheelchairs to their death with a clear conscience-as long as it is for a noble cause right?? Hmmmm... let me think about that for a second.

It takes two words with which we are well familiar to put that in the correct perspective - Collateral Damage

There is no scale saying Death is more of a sin than stealing.. Its all bad in gods eyes.
He was under the belief that Americans are bad and the enemy. We are under the same asumption AlQuida is bad also.
I never said killing was Ok to do. I said the guy had beliefs that we are the enemy. Wheelchair or not.

Also he died after many years of being in prison.

What about Forgivness? I guess no one forgives, except for themselves.

[ March 11, 2004, 12:55 AM: Message edited by: goodoleboy ]

GOB -

quote:

There is no scale saying Death is more of a sin than stealing..

Hmm...maybe every civilized country on this Earth doesn't count. Maybe not in God's eyes....hey wait a minute even the Bible, Koran and the teachings of the first Buddha....tell us things about punishment fitting the crime.

quote:

He was under the belief that Americans are bad and the enemy. We are under the same assumption AlQuida is bad also

I think you nailed it right....I want to set something straight here, because there seems to be a lot of assuming going on....I (and most Americans and Christians) harbor no ingrained hatred for Muslims, people of Arabic or middle eastern heritage. I have no hating rage for this guy's spirit/soul, and have nothing against his remaining relatives. I cannot say that is what makes "us" different from "them". I have no idea what this guy's relatives think. It does seem to me that many in the middle east are on hate "auto pilot"......

This guy wasn't al que-da, he was a nasty Hamas splinter group murderer that seemed to enjoy his work, living in friendly (no terrorists) Iraq. Please don't confuse his life with a that of a noble freedom fighter.

Forgive? I can forgive the guy. He is in God's hands now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back