Just bought some TW S&S

Absolutely love TW ice seal and shine.

I'm out of it and it was out of stock at my last WM visit so I picked up a green bottle of TW wax and dry which is all they had at the time. It's cheaper. It goes on nice and looks great for a bit, but doesn't hold up like the above.
Last month, Advance Auto had Seal & Shine on sale(B1G1 50% off) and this month it is on sale for $8.99($1 less than W*M).
I too have some TW Wax & Dry(or what ever it's called) along with a stash of many quick detail(QD) type products from Mother's, Meguiar's, TurtleWax, Rain-X, ArmorAll etc. All that I bought at closeout stores(BigLots/Ollie's) for ~ $1.99-$3.99/bottle.

YUP, even Rain-X & ArmorAll [HAD)] some QD type products that I found as closeout stores...probably from other markets, as I've never seen them at any store in my area prior to finding them at the closeout stores.

Can't go wrong with any of them really for the "after washing". However, the TW ICE S&S should last the longest(~3+ months) from the reviews I've seen on Youtube. The TW ICE S&S doesn't just washed off after a couple of washes. I think that I'll use the TW ICE S&S for my base layer on the paint an then just keep with the QD products for after washing.

Last edited:
Reactions: JTK
If anyone is still reading this thread...
Can TW ICE S&S be applied over itself week after week/wash after wash?
Can it be used just like any other quick detailer, or would it be a waste to use it after each washing?

I guess the answer is YES! 😁

One more question for now.
Does layering add extra protection like building up layers of clear? Not clear but, like clear? IDK if I said this right! :unsure:
[ Liquid Glass made this claim of layering ]

I guess the answer is YES! 😁

One more question for now.
Does layering add extra protection like building up layers of clear? Not clear but, like clear? IDK if I said this right! :unsure:
[ Liquid Glass made this claim of layering ]
Basically you're only going to get so much of it to bond to the paint. Eventually it will be bonding (or not bonding) to itself.

Multiple layers is done to ensure even coverage and a uniform layer of product.

A question about these spray on's like TW S&S as a final stage product:

When I use my old biannual Zaino system (no grief from anyone here,LOL)
- thorough wash, light clay, wash/rinse again.
- apply/remove Zaino AIO as a pre sealant step
- 2 or 3 coats Zaino with ZFX accelerator. (this truly lasts 6 months+ on an ungaraged daily driver in messy Michigan)

The AIO step always resulted in more grunge being removed, in spite of intensive washing/claying. It seems that using just a spray on final stage product would result in applying it on non-pristine paint. Comments?

Edit:
I don't think the additional light scum that comes off with the AIO is iron or oxidation (clear coat). Probably just environmental deposits from the road and maybe atmosphere.

Either way, it seems that people should do a thorough cleaning before applying these spray on products also.

Last edited:
It would depend on what the "grunge" is. Could be overspray, iron particles, or some sort of chemical fallout that your soap + light clay is not aggressive enough to remove.

Next time you could try a strip wash or iron remover.

It could also be that your paint (don't know what kind of car) has oxidation that you're removing. Heck, it could even be the old sealant.

Basically you're only going to get so much of it to bond to the paint. Eventually it will be bonding (or not bonding) to itself.

Multiple layers is done to ensure even coverage and a uniform layer of product.
Some products other than cleaner waxes do. Klasse sealant(grey bottle) and Poorboys EX are 2 of them.

I would have no problem adding an additional layer after the first. Beyond that, I would watch the beading and feel the slickness during subsequent washes. That would be my indicator for adding additional layers.

I haven't been able to find TW ice S&S locally since the weather got decent. Wound up mail ordering two 16oz bottles through WM for $26. The green bottle of TW wax and dry I'm using now just isn't cutting it. It for sure eliminates water spots and gives you a polish, but it doesn't last but one rain storm.

This is TW Ice spray wax over existing SNS after today's wash.
20210513_123036.jpg

The TWSNS is very durable. My two favorite off the shelf products are this and the Griot's. It's hard to say but the strength/durability between the two seems to favor the TW a bit, but in terms of ease of use and spreading it, the Griot's is a bit better. Both very good.

Back