Just bought an '09 Camry, any good forums ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Our Camry is getting about 25k/year, so next summer I think I will drain and fill the coolant. It'll be 4yr/100k, so due.

My Tundra is getting 10-15k, so next summer will be the 5yr/100k mark. So it will be due. I've looked, and I think I want to replace some hose clamps, not sure if the hoses are still good or not. Only problem is, I kinda want to wait it out, seems like these trucks have water pump problems and I'm debating if I should figure out the work to replace that proactively.

Actually, that is a good question, probably for a different forum: replace hoses or not? Used to be, one did that every few years. On my VW I've been told they are essentially lifetime now. I find that hard to believe but they still feel decent after 10yr/nearly 300k.

I should look at a drain and fill this year on it, I guess. Won't hurt anything other than my wallet.

Speaking of power steering fluid, this is the only site I've been on where people talk about changing this fluid. Only on German car sites do they talk about changing brake fluid. Yet a great deal of people seem to go decades (or further) on original fills.

Originally Posted By: Hokiefyd
Originally Posted By: KitaCam
Too many people confuse Toyota's "super long-life" with "life-time"...same goes for AT/PS/brake fluids...

Nobody here said that ....

Not here, but we're a minuscule minority of owners...

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: supton

Speaking of power steering fluid, this is the only site I've been on where people talk about changing this fluid. Only on German car sites do they talk about changing brake fluid. Yet a great deal of people seem to go decades (or further) on original fills.

Those same people think it's normal to replace the power steering pump and rack every 100k miles as a regular wear item. My 88 BMW is still on it's original pump and rack after 26 years with no groans or leaks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back