Just bought a 2008 Fusion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey all,

A month ago someone cut me off causing me to get into an accident and total my 2005 Ford Focus...

Anyway, a couple weeks ago I found a 2008 Ford Fusion. Its got 127k on it, 2.3L 4cyl, and a 5-speed manual!
thumbsup2.gif

I picked it up $3,500 from a mechanic for who did a ton of work on it, including new thermostat, newer brakes, and new tires. He changed out all the inside and outside lights on the car to LED, put in a headliner from a 2010 Fusion (more lighting he said), and put in a Sony Android Audio touchscreen sound system! He even added puddle lights on the undersides of the mirrors! He also converted it from a cartridge oil filter to a spin on filter and installed a K&N cold air intake. This car handles like a dream, has plenty of power, shifts like butter, is a blast to drive, and gets me 30 mpg. I couldn't ask for more than that.

Anyway, here are the pictures...

great solid ride! i have a 2008 manual fusion myself that i bought new. has been a great car!

steeda makes some good parts still for your car. the shifter bushing kit is mandatory along with some redline mt90..like buttah!

Last edited:
Great car! Expect lots of miles out of it especially with that stick; a hidden gem for sure, just like its distant cousin Mazda6 from my signature

I think Fusion is more on a comfort side though

Originally Posted By: justintendo
great solid ride! i have a 2008 manual fusion myself that i bought new. has been a great car!

steeda makes some good parts still for your car. the shifter bushing kit is mandatory along with some redline mt90..like buttah!

Redline specs D4 AFT for that car. In that case at most I would go with MTL, but not the gear lube. Also, I might be inclined to run the Amsoil MTF.

Thanks everyone! Yes, I love the car and manual is the only way in my opinion. I also love the grill as it isn't as flashy as the stock grill!

Originally Posted By: Nick1994
Sounds like a great deal.

10k mile intervals with Mobil 1, tell em’ tig1!

I hope he's ok since he hasn't checked in yet.
smile.gif

Looks like the wheeks were upgraded also. Prob from a loaded version.

Nice ride!

As with some others, I'm not a fan of K&N air filters. I worry about how well they filter, some seem to do fine but not all. My Suburban came with a K&N cold air intake, I replaced the cone filter with an Amsoil of the same size to get away from using an oiled cotton filter.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back