Just a quick question!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do any VW folks know the oil capacity of a 2001 Golf (2.0 engine)? I've been searching high and low on the web, but the answers seem to be different all over the place in terms of capacity. I would reference my owner's manual, but it didn't come with one (bought the car used).

Normally, I take it into the shop and have my oil changes done, but I'm getting back into to doing it myself again and this is the first change that I will be doing myself on this car since it's been in my ownership.

Also, if anybody has any weights/brands to suggest, I'm all ears. Probably going to be using a high mileage flavor...

Thanks!

4.5 quarts and i don't think anyone makes a high mileage oil that meets the vw 502 spec., if that matters.

I searched, took me 5 minutes to find it, they say 4.4 quarts of 5w30 vw502 certified oil.

Call your local VW dealer, I'm sure they could tell you the capacity. Numerous VW owners on here use Mobil 1 0W-40 with good results. Unless you are leaking oil or burning an excessive amount, you don't need a high mileage oil.

To find oil capacity of almost any car/SUV/Minivan/PU go to amsoil.com, enter car's info then you will get what you need, other than oil capacity it also show other fluids and filters (oil, air, cabin ...)

As posted above and on amsoil site, the capacity is 4.5 quarts with filter.

If it's 4.5 quarts, go ahead and put in 5. I don't think you're gonna be hitting the crankshaft with just a 1/2 quart over.

Originally Posted By: HTSS_TR
To find oil capacity of almost any car/SUV/Minivan/PU go to amsoil.com, enter car's info then you will get what you need, other than oil capacity it also show other fluids and filters (oil, air, cabin ...)

As posted above and on amsoil site, the capacity is 4.5 quarts with filter.

Amsoil has been wrong multiple times on their website, as far as capacities are concerned. It has been off .1 quarts (from the OM) several times, and it does not always specify whether or not that quantity also includes the filter change. The .1 quarts isn't a big deal, but the filter thing kind of is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back