John MacMaster is still here on the site

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thought I'd let you guys know that I'm still around and kicking, tho not on this site. I've been very busy, and because of my cancer and chemotherapy, I have very little energy and am always tired. I have so much to do around the house (we live in the country and have a garden and etc. to deal with) that I haven't been able to visit BOBISTHEOILGUY.
Anyway, I'm hanging in there, and will try to read the posts on this site and respond to some of them, and perhaps start some of my own. I miss you guys. This is a GREAT site.

Take care,
John

John, I am adding you to our prayer list at our Church and we REALLY pray hard!

Keep kickin' butt in Montana, Man!!

Terry

John, we can't wait for your recovery and having you restored to full time BITOG'er.

May His strength carry you through this difficult time.

my thoughts and prayers are with you.
my mom passed away last sept. from fighting ovarian cancer for 17 months so i have a feeling of what you are going through.
[censored] Bless,
bill

Positive attitude along with modern medicine and the support of friends (hundreds here), tossed in with a bit of spiritual grounding (whatever your flavor) does work miracles.

I have one friend that beat serious testicular cancer over 15 years ago and my work partner's daughter beat leukemia over 10 years ago.

Gardening, by itself, is wonderful treatment for anything that ails you. I think that the Native American's connection to the earth is highly under-rated. My occupation keeps me "connected" every day. Oops, rambling.....thanks for keeping us posted and best wishes to you, your friends, and loved ones.

I think of you often ... loved your posts.
Thank's for the update, wishing you the best, John.
canada.gif
cheers.gif
patriot.gif

John, just keep on keepin on.. Gardening is very therapeutic. Planted some flowers today. Put a little tag next to one with your name on it. Might help, can't hurt.
grin.gif

Thank you all for the best wishes and support. I'm trying to get back on here reading and writing posts, but am very busy and because of the chemo treatment am tired and lacking in energy all the time.

john i can really feel for you. i am losing a dog to cancer right now. i know that doesnt compare to you but i have some sort of idea what you are going through and wish you the best. i was wondering what happend to you. but when youre all better you owe us some serious computer seat time!

Master ACiD. Rest assured, as soon as my treatment ends and I get my energy back, I'll be putting some serious time in on this site. In fact, I'm going to try to do so before then.

BITOG was a lifeline for me what with a "terminal" diagnosis (a rare form of cardiomyopathy) with which I spent several years in decline. It yielded to a new test, surgery and recovery. I spent much too much time here at BITOG, but felt that I was jsut sitting at the back of the booth at the diner, listening, just listening.

I didn't have the energy to do much in the yard (digging, raking just too much) and used a lawn service to keep it up. I could still get out and do a lot of hand-watering, that sort of thing. Dallas' summers are miserable, so I hope you are getting the most out of yours.

In turn I taught myself a good deal about cooking as I only had a few hours of energy each day and that was to be saved for my wife coming home from work. Wound up with some nice recipes. Plenty of sites to compare recipes and to expand one's repetoire. Plus, the addition of onion, garlic and a variety of chile peppers made everything more palatable and digestible. The experimentation was a pleasure.

It was also nice to read a lot on politics leading up to the Congressional mid-terms last year. Had the luxury, so took the opportunity.

Had a harder time in applying higher level reading skills, so some books stayed on the shelf. Instead, crime novels were a pleasure (Ken Bruen and Ian Rankin for instance), and took the time with those big heavy photo essays, etc. Also, COBRA II on the Iraq invasion. That's seminal.

Hope you'll search out alternatives for pain relief, energy, etc. Found that several supplements were a huge help. I always started and ended my research at www.eMedicine.com for terms, differentials, etc., and traveled pretty widely on others experiences. Made me glad, quite glad, to hear the words of others.

I'm sure you've heard from others around here in PM's as I did. I just finished one to a member to say thanks. It's a great thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back