John Force at Dallas yesterday.

i listened but I guess i don't understand how basic safety design wouldn't prevent flames from getting into the cabin. Is this a matter of "they try their best, but can't account for everything?"

John is awesome... An all time great.

While I respect his tremendous desire to keep racing. . He needs to just be a owner. Before something happens and he is gone like Dale Earnhardt.

Though Dale Earnhardt said if he died from a wreck in his racing... It should not be considered a tragedy. Because he died doing what he loved and wanted to do. I'm sure John feels the exact same way.

I didn’t think he was that old, I saw him at the Gatornationals back 15 years ago.

John is awesome... An all time great.

While I respect his tremendous desire to keep racing. . He needs to just be a owner. Before something happens and he is gone like Dale Earnhardt.

Though Dale Earnhardt said if he died from a wreck in his racing... It should not be considered a tragedy. Because he died doing what he loved and wanted to do. I'm sure John feels the exact same way.

He does both drive and own. I get the impression that he will drive until he can’t.

i listened but I guess i don't understand how basic safety design wouldn't prevent flames from getting into the cabin. Is this a matter of "they try their best, but can't account for everything?"
Surely it's a fine line between being relatively safe while giving spectators their money's worth with insane performance. They basically say nitro burning is a controlled explosion and of course not always in control.

He has more energy than most 25 year old's! He is fun to watch.

@simple_gifts it is just too much to overcome. The firewall doesn't completely seal and due to the size of this fire it gets into the cockpit. If you've never seen a TF funny car or dragster up close, it is worth price of admission. Listening to those things cackle is an awesome sound. Not to mention when they seat the clutch in the pits, your eyes burning your ears ringing... Then comes your first full throttle hit on the starting line, it will have your eyeballs bouncing in your head! Nothing like Nitro man!

just my $0.02

Back