Job Posting - Field Service Technician - W Florida

Status
Not open for further replies.
GE Healthcare looking for a field service technician for the West Coast of Florida. Region goes from Tampa / St Pete down to Naples. 90% of work will be traveling from laboratories and hospitals / off site clinics that have centrifuges used in blood banks.

Pay is in the low $30's an hour, company car and full benefits included, retirement, tuition reimbursement, 3 week vacation, 12 paid GE holidays + 2 floating holidays. Must have associates degree in electronics.... or prior military experience in repair, test, calibration of mechanical / electronic equipment. Paid training will be in Milwaukee, WI for a few weeks, then on the road Monday-Friday, no weekends. All test equipment will be provided, only need basic tools for work.

https://xjobs.brassring.com/tgwebhost/jobdetails.aspx?partnerid=54&siteid=5346&jobid=1258562

Ah, nothing wrong with it at all...granted this would be a good section to open in here...I've seen a few people already get help thanks to Bitog.

Hence why it would get crazy if we all posted it in off topic...
smile.gif

But it's not minimum wage. That means that you have to show up and do something. That should cut down on the number of prospective applicants.

By the way, does it get hot and humid in that area?

I'm trying to see if any BITOG members might be looking for work and their skills might fit this position. Its great if you like to work with your hands, take stuff apart, put it back together and make sure it works to manufacturer's specs. Working in a very clean environment doesn't wear you out like other blue collar jobs do.

You work alone, no boss calling you every hour, you travel and pretty much set your own schedule. OT is there is you want it, when I did field service $25-30K in OT was not frowned upon since I could justify my workload. The attitude here is just get the job done. You need extra hours to meet a deadline or finish a repair that took longer than expected.... No problem. I worked on lab equipment and its really not that difficult equipment to repair.

Its Florida so it does get hot and humid, but has no individual state income tax , affordable housing, no yearly smog inspections, super low cost vehicle tag renewal, etc... can stretch your income. I asked JHZR2 if I could post it, he said yes.

Originally Posted By: bradepb
Why are we posting job openings now?

i'm going to guess , to help a fellow oil-head ???

No offence but didn't this just get posted 5 days ago? Why are we posting job openings now?
Why not? That sounds like a fine opportunity. It sure beats the idiocy that's increasingly posted here. The GOT section has far more tabloid news than it used to.

Why are we posting job openings now?

I think it's great!! Because that's what it's all about these days,networking.

Mr.Nice, i think its great that you would post that here. Might make for an interesting sub forum heading for job openings. perhaps not let anyone post a job but those members with some history say a year ( to weed out the spam or riff raff) or so might could post.

Last edited:
One BITOG member sent me his resume, I forwarded it directly to hiring manager.

The manager forgot to include centrifuges and cellwashers in the job posting, but included these:

•Sakura VIP Series Tissue Processors

•Leica RM200 series Microtome (mechanical)

•Leica CM1850 Cryostat

•Dade CA500 Chemical Analyzer Unit

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back