Joan Rivers dead at 81

Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought Joan Rivers was awesome and I was very close to seeing her perform just a few weeks ago. I wish I had now.

I just heard her on Howard Stern a few weeks ago, she was entertaining as always.

Originally Posted By: dishdude
I just heard her on Howard Stern a few weeks ago, she was entertaining as always.

Actually she was pretty good when she was on with Stern. He had her on a few times over the years, it totally slipped my mind.

Liked her or hated her...she had definitely made her mark.
I hope her daughter deals with this well. They seemed to be very close.

Wicked Funny. RIP. She did voice overs on a few kids movies which made them more palatable (via in-joke) for the adults chugging through.

She and Phyllis Diller helped to make standup comediennes mainstream.

"Elizabeth Taylor is a woman being kept alive by a machine. A refrigerator!"
(-- Joan on The Tonight Show, snarking about the former movie star's weight gain)

Originally Posted By: Benzadmiral

(-- Joan on The Tonight Show, snarking about the former movie star's weight gain)

She also said Liz Taylor puts mayo on an aspirin.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted By: L_Sludger
I made a thread about her. It disappeared.

Didn't go well! I never appreciated her but I very much did respect her refusal to bow to politically correct crowd.

Originally Posted By: Colt
Originally Posted By: Benzadmiral

She also said Liz Taylor puts mayo on an aspirin.
laugh.gif

I'd never heard that one! (I know a lot of people that could be applied to as well.)

Somehow she, Joan I mean, gave you the impression she was just tossing these remarks off on the spur of the moment. Yes, she probably had writers supplying a lot of them; but she always made them seem ad-lib and spontaneous. That, I think, is a testament to her ability.

I posted this before, but I thought I'd give it another look.

She speaks the truth

A woman speaking this candidly in the late 1960's. History in the making.

"Howard Johnson's again, horray horray"

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: demarpaint
Title says it all. I was never a fan. RIP Joan Rivers.

I wasn't either, until I saw some of her edgy stuff from the 60s/ 70s in a documentary...then her style made sense.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back