Jiggler Siphon Hose

This one did not work well for me. A friend of mine had this one and I borrowed it to siphon stale DEF from a truck. I tried it out in a bucket of water first and the max height I could raise the water level in the hose, above the water in the bucket, was 8 inches. Beyond that the water leaked back into the bucket as fast as I could pull it into the hose by shaking the end.

I think the poor performance is inherent to the design of the mechanism. A copper to copper seat is not going to seal well and is going to allow a fair bit of leakage. The short travel of the ball moving up and down allows only a small quantity of liquid to be sucked in and it promptly leaks back out.

Perhaps a design with a longer travel would perform better.

The hose was long enough, at about ten feet, so I just sucked on the end of the hose and established the siphon and got the DEF out, without injesting DEF.

Attachments

• Jiggler Siphon Hose.JPG
    Jiggler Siphon Hose.JPG
    176.6 KB · Views: 9
Last edited:
need the right tool for the right job.
That is more for transferring fuel into a tank from a can etc.

I have that one and get mixed results. Useless on late model cars as it wont fit down the fuel filler restrictor. Tried it on a gas tank with the fuel pump out and as long as there is 4 or 5 inches of gas, it works fine. Much less, and you cant shake it up and down enough to work.

I have one of these and have used it to transfer fuel from gas cans many times. It works good but you have to make sure the receiving container is downhill because it is a syphon. I can usually empty a 5 gallon can to my Jeep in a couple minutes. Once you get it going you don't have to jiggle it anymore it will work itself. It sounds like your set up might have been off...

Just my $0.02

Back