Jiffy Lube Refuses

Status
Not open for further replies.
It is really cold here, I am old and fat, and my son is out of town. I called Jiffy lube to ask what they would charge me to change my oil and filter if I supply the oil and filter.

They said they won't do that, period - something about warrenty problems.
dunno.gif

Warranty or liability? If they are in the business of making money, JL should have responded "Same price." Of course people would rail on them for taking advantage of a situation.

From my perspective, use their service the way they sell it, or don't.

Quote:

From my perspective, use their service the way they sell it, or don't.

Why??? The ads around here claim "amazing customer service". To me, that includes the "the customer is always right" clause. This means a simple waiver and collection of the fees should be all that is necessary to change with a customer provided filter and oil. Its not like the OP is asking them to install something out of the ordinary.

Any decent garage - stricken with the same warranty and liability issues would typically do this for you... Unless they are so parts cost markup driven that they refuse, and those shops usually have other issues anyway.

JMH

I'd be curious to know exactly how cold, how old and how fat you really are. It was -22F here a couple nights ago, I'm 47, a few pounds overweight myself, and I completed a Gear Vendor's install on my truck the following morning. No biggie. Be careful with the bare fingers as necessary and come in to warm up a few times is all.

I'd guess lazy and wussy is more like it.

If you really want someone else to do it, ask one of the guys actually changing oil back there if he wants to do it.

Yep, just about any shop will substitute your parts-filters-fluids. And, some will even give you credit for the stuff that you bring.
Go somewhere else for service if they refuse to use your parts or fluids.

I feel your pain. Pay not attention to the rest. I'm old, fat, and lazy also. Last thing I want to do is crawl under a car in this lousy weather. Your problem is that the Jiffy Lubes in the Chicago area are all franchise stores, meaning they are not company owned. They all set their own policy for oil changes. Find a good independent garage close by and let them do it.

Stay inside, stay warm, and enjoy the game. That's what I'm doing today since it's -21 outside right now. I'll worry about the stupid oil when it gets above 32.

I'd consider it a good thing Jiffy Lube won't be touching your car. I'd freeze solid before I'd let them touch mine!

Depends on Jiffy Lube around here. I ran into that several years ago too. Some will some will not. Privately owned ones are more likely too. Do not use them anymore.

Screw Jiffy Lube. I found the original Honda air filter in my GF's 2004 Civic, which was a regular jiffy Lube customer for 3 years until I told her I'd take care of it. I looked back at the receipts and they charged her for a new filter twice in the past. The filter I took out was filthy and clearly says HONDA.

Ugly3, is it for your RAV4 V6? If so, give the Toyota Express Lube a call, they'll usually do it for you.

If you can go 5000 miles on sm oil - how close are you or why can't you wait until the weather's better . Is this a warranty required mileage or months use change?

Wow, wonder how often that really occurs on a yearly basis with that outfit. Prob on the order of 50% or more. I said screw em a long time ago, thankfully.

Quote:

Screw Jiffy Lube. I found the original Honda air filter in my GF's 2004 Civic, which was a regular jiffy Lube customer for 3 years until I told her I'd take care of it. I looked back at the receipts and they charged her for a new filter twice in the past. The filter I took out was filthy and clearly says HONDA.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back