Jiffy Lube - Mighty TecSelec T4612 - cut open with background

And if engine damaged , JL would deny responsibility.

If you want to be assured things are done correctly you have to do it yourself. Most lube techs really don't care as its not their vehicle getting damaged.

Originally Posted by Mr Nice

They have stepped up. They are offering to pay for an extended warranty through Honda.

Originally Posted by newtoncd8
Originally Posted by Mr Nice

They have stepped up. They are offering to pay for an extended warranty through Honda.

You can´t ask for more than that. Thatś a reputable business for offering it. I had a local oil change shop that double gasketed a Fram Ultra on my 3.5 Ecoboost. It was pinched, so it pumped all the oil out and the engine was destroyed. The metal shavings in the oil filter poured out like sand. Anyway, they took responsibility for it and turned it in on their insurance. After a minor bit of arguing with the insurance company (Farmers) they paid for a Ford factory remanufactured 3.5 with a 3 year unlimited mile warranty, installed by the Ford dealership where we bought it. It has been perfect ever since and we still go to the same oil change place with it. The owner is a stand-up guy, for sure.

Mistakes happen even to the best of businesses. It is how they handle the mistakes that tells you what they are made of.

While not pretty, it looks serviceable and I don't see any holes or media tears like some better named filters. PS who has a filter on their wheel borrow?

Lucky break he got. Of course he could have gone to a Honda dealer for the same oil change price or pennies more than J Off Lube. I thought Mighty filters used to be made by Purolator, but that one is terrible.

USA brand, made in Mexico
smirk2.gif

[Linked Image]

Originally Posted by slacktide_bitog
USA brand, made in Mexico
smirk2.gif

[Linked Image]

Yup, every mighty filter I cut open recently is made in Mexico

Photo reminds me of all the garbage Casite filters I used to buy throughout the 70s.
Didn't know any better back then and never gave oil filter choices a 2nd thought.
Those were the years I thought I'd be the first to live forever and felt that way each time I bought a different car. Thought they were invincible too.

Then one day I fell down - hit my head and the real world finally clicked in. May have been the day our first child was born.

Last edited by a moderator:
Originally Posted by 77Se7en
Photo reminds me of all the garbage Casite filters I used to buy throughout the 70s.
Didn't know any better back then and never gave oil filter choices a 2nd thought.
Those were the years I thought I'd be the first to live forever and felt that way each time I bought a different car. Thought they were invincible too.

Then one day I fell down - hit my head and the real world finally clicked in. May have been the day our first child was born.

What?

Yes, Mighty is a USA Brand, but who knows who made the filter in Mexico for them. It has Champ labs signs. Too bad Jiffy can't just up the content a little and give the customer $1 more from profit for a better filter. Although this was installer error only. I imagine the guy spun them on thinking to come back and went on something else to save time, then just forgot to tighten the filter and plug, something like that. Not done on purpose I wouldn't think.

Originally Posted by Farnsworth
Yes, Mighty is a USA Brand, but who knows who made the filter in Mexico for them. It has Champ labs signs. Too bad Jiffy can't just up the content a little and give the customer $1 more from profit for a better filter. Although this was installer error only. I imagine the guy spun them on thinking to come back and went on something else to save time, then just forgot to tighten the filter and plug, something like that. Not done on purpose I wouldn't think.

There's no Champ Labs signs in these filters as champ labs have more holes in baseplate like the two M1 filters I just bought. I'll never use a Mighty filter

Wow, definitely not somebody's best effort
crazy2.gif
I too got a chuckle out of the "USA Brand" followed by "Made in Mexico".

Friend had an oil change at Wal-mart and the filter wasn't put on
very tight. Leaked oil over the oil pan. Local driving only so adding
a quart or two was all that that cost.

Originally Posted by 53' Stude
Originally Posted by Farnsworth

There's no Champ Labs signs in these filters as champ labs have more holes in baseplate like the two M1 filters I just bought. I'll never use a Mighty filter

Glad you're feeling better. Every day is a new day which is what I live by a lot given the family problems we have. I see the neck as a Champ sign and I can't see the base plate except it has the right shape. I didn't say it WAS a Champ filter just that there are signs. What I said is not something to get excited about. It's a new day make the best of it.

Farnsworth: I know. I was just pointing out that champ labs filters we still use at work as well as M1 filters have more baseplate holes. And the bypass valve is different than a Mighty ðŸ»ðŸ‡ºðŸ‡¸ðŸ‘

While not pretty, it looks serviceable and I don't see any holes or media tears like some better named filters. PS who has a filter on their wheel borrow?

For sure on that.

Problem is, you can probably cut open 10 different style "mighty" filters from JL and all of them will be of different construction. You just don't know.

Back