Jiffy Lube comapred to EZ Lube

Status
Not open for further replies.
OK guys, tell me who makes oil filters for these guys? The one from EZ Lube is just plain white and no print at all on it. At least I've heard that EZ Lube is owned by Mobil AND Jiffy Lube is owned by Shell.

Durango

I don't know if it's a corporate thing or if franchises can choose their own, but the local Jiffy Lubes around here use MileGuard filters, made by...

...wait for it...

...wait...

FRAM!

Originally Posted By: Durango
OK guys, tell me who makes oil filters for these guys? The one from EZ Lube is just plain white and no print at all on it. At least I've heard that EZ Lube is owned by Mobil AND Jiffy Lube is owned by Shell.

Durango

ok this one i know the answer to since I called them up the other day. EZ Lube uses Purepro branded oil filters. They are made made ChampLabs. I called ChampLabs to verify and sure enough they say, "yes that is one of our brands"

I didnt know EZ Lube was owned by Mobil. That's probably why they use Mobil Exxon Super Flo as their oil on their basic oil change and use Mobil 1 synthetics for their upgrades.

Last edited:
It would also flush that the would go to Champ labs to produce the lowball filter since they already have the relationship with the branding of the top tier M1 filter.

Warner is another name that's produced by Champ. Most of the quick lube filters we never hear about. They have no advertising budget. No car sponsorships ..nuttin'.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back