Jetta SE-Big Boy

My Passat is gigantic inside and still sports a cavernous trunk to boot. Seats are great, and I am pretty seat picky due to my back.

We just picked up a very nice Ford Edge SEL for my wife. Seat adjusts 1000 ways but I am yet to get truly comfortable in it, constant fiddling. Maybe I'll find it.

Honestly I have better luck with manual seats than power, don't know why but it's been my observation over multiple vehicles.
That is what I am talking about. I am in the same boat. On your VW what year is it and how has it been...
Thanks!

The VW I'm referring to in the one in my sig, the 2018 Passat. I bought it new in October 18 and now have 44k of flawless miles on it. It's just been super. I've had other VW's and I know they can be harder on you when they get too old. Maintenance is your friend though.

My daughter just bought a 2016 Fusion, nice car and I'm sure it'll do her well, but the build quality is nowhere near that of my VW. JMO. I do like the seats though.

Its almost comical how much drivers side seat travel VW's have - in the Jetta/Golf's I have had you can pretty much slide the seat back far enough to where the rear seat behind it is unusable with about 2-3" of knee space. I'm 5'10" and with seat all the way back I can't reach the pedals even extending my feet like I was tip toeing.

Have not tested max seat range on the E-Golf or JSW, above was based on my MKIV Golf and MKV Jetta.

Its almost comical how much drivers side seat travel VW's have - in the Jetta/Golf's I have had you can pretty much slide the seat back far enough to where the rear seat behind it is unusable with about 2-3" of knee space. I'm 5'10" and with seat all the way back I can't reach the pedals even extending my feet like I was tip toeing.

Have not tested max seat range on the E-Golf or JSW, above was based on my MKIV Golf and MKV Jetta.
True. I had an 04' Beetle TDI. I'm 6'2" and most cars I have to scoot the seat all the way back. The Beetle was one of the roomiest cars I've ever had. It was CAVERNOUS inside. Not the back seat though. You actually sit more towards the back half of the car. And the dash you can fit a large pizza on.

What color Passat did you go with?

SatinSilver, it's silver!

I actually was looking for a white SEL Premium with the VR6 but there were none to be found by the time I was ready to buy. But GT's with the V6 were still available. I drove a white one first and something about it was not quite right. Walked inside and my silver one was on the showroom floor and I knew then it was the one.

With the wheels and trim of the GT white was just too gaudy for a 50 something year old. Liked it on the more classy and understated SEL though.

I guess it comes down to personal preference but I'm 6"4" and feel totally fine in my wife's spark over long drives. My mirage isn't exactly giant either. I'm built like Jack Skelington though so maybe that's the difference.
I was looking at new at Sparks now I;m retired and don't drive much. They were on sale for about 13K new. with a stick.
Just not enough elbow room. Then, I was hearing axle and wheel bearing noise right off the bat on a test drive, so, Forget it.
The Honda Fit and YARIS were fine for me at the time a decade ago.

The Fit is an OBSCENELY overpriced 14K car at best and Hecho en México !

These days, as I approach 70 years old, I just don't like having to use a ladder to get to street level exiting a car anymore.
There is something to be said for chair height seats in compact SUV.

6’2” and 230lbs. i tend to manspread while highway cruising so i hate sharp points that dig into my knees. some cars that i have liked with this criteria in mind: scion xb, mitsu outlander sport, honda element, vw beetle gen3, and my current two drives: vw passat and toyota yaris (not rebadged mazda2).

Back