JETTA DIESEL 5W40 EUROPEAN OCAR FORLUMA

Status
Not open for further replies.
15000 km about 9300 miles. Total km on vehicle 57000.Last 15000 on AMSOIL.
Lives on a farm and drives on a gravel road for short distances.

iron 39
chromium 2
lead 6
copper 8
tin 0
aluminium 12
nickel 0
silver 0
silicon 6
boron 57
sodium 0
mag 14
calcium 2194
barium 0
phos 966
moly 0
titanium 0
vanadium 0
potassium 0
vis@100c 12.13
water 0
soot/solids 0.5
collant no
tbn 4.12
oxid 9.0
nitra 16.0
f-soot 0.59
oil changed yes

Oil Anyliser rec. "No corrective action required. Oil suitable for continued use.

TBN looks good for almost 10K. Viscosity dropped a little. (starts at 13.7) Fe looks about right for a VW 2006 diesel

What was the zinc #?

LCM - remember this is not an super extended drain oil - it's a low SAPS formulation. Longest OEM recommendation or may be extended with UOA.

Quote:

TBN looks good for almost 10K. Viscosity dropped a little. (starts at 13.7) Fe looks about right for a VW 2006 diesel

What was the zinc #?

LCM - remember this is not an super extended drain oil - it's a low SAPS formulation. Longest OEM recommendation or may be extended with UOA.

Pablo, and what's even more amazing is the short trips, gravel..dusty roads! 10 to 12 K is excellent and thanks for the information. This formula works for this engine.

Quote:

Quote:

Doug - just wondering what you are basing those comparison numbers on. Thanks.

Why, Pablo, I'm a bit surprised!
smile.gif
It's publication G-2047, "Oil Analyzers Inc. User's guide to Oil Analysis Services." Also, the viscosity info is on the back of the report cards.

laugh.gif
Thanks for telling me the source. I don't go by those general numbers, so haven't committed them to memory - I was just thinking you had a VW diesel database or something.
banana.gif

Originally Posted By: LargeCarManX2
Looks like another Amsoil average of 12K oil. If he dumps the oil at 12K, leaves an Eao oil filter on, and does another 12K run....the product is well worth the money spent.

Amsoil doesn't make and EAO filter for the TDI. (I wish they did).

What filter did you use?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back