Jericho, tv series

Status
Not open for further replies.
anyone watch it? it was only on for two seasons. but I just finished watching season 1 on netflix.com. intersting show about 23 nuclear bombs going off in the USA. A small town called "Jericho, Kansas" is safe from the nuclear fallout. Alot of the storylines deal with what people do for food, gas, and supplies. Their are only 29 episodes though. I recommend it.
thumbsup2.gif

They don't give those shows long enough to develop. The first season is a fleshing out of the identities of the characters. They usually super impose them. The second season they actually get to the better writing when the train is moving.

I'm really surprised that LOST made it

Jericho was actually cancelled after the first season but it was the first TV show in history to be brought back by a web-based write-in campaign. I guess it didn't help too much. I guess I never got into it just b/c I don't care for the local CBS station.

LOST made it b/c it was one of the most expensive (if not THE most expensive) pilots in TV history. The ABC head honcho who green lighted it it got canned before it even debuted. It was pretty popular from the get-go.

I've read that they are showing reruns of the show on the CW or sci-fi. The producers of the show are looking for a deal like "Friday night lights" got. Where Direct tv paid for half of the costs of producing the show, they aired 13 episodes on Direct TV, then on NBC.

On Lost, I watch that weekly too. I think they are already dead or it's a dream.

What's odd is something like the 'Gates "working". Cheaper production sets (funny how most outside scenes resemble Vancouver, B.C. wilderness
LOL.gif
and they walk a lot) and minimal high quality props. It's obviously not for the story line as much as it is for the interactions of the personalities ..making the props invisible.

I find myself initially turned off by these shows. If they hang around long enough I can manage to find more in them. I just watched the second season of Terminator: The Sarah Conner Chronicles on Hulu and found the subtext and subtleties of the series a riot. I never watched it before since I'm not a Smallville teenager.

(when finding the Coltan shipment, used in making the endo-skeletons, and seeing how heavy it was)

John Conner to Cameron (der Terminator): Maybe that's why you're so dense.

Plenty of that type of humor.

I enjoyed Jericho, it was a bit spooky when it was revealed who was behind the bombs.
I also enjoyed Kings, but it apparently only lasted 3 or 4 episodes.

***********Spoiler********** do not read if you want to watch the show.

I just finished season 2 of Jericho. There was only 7 episodes because of the writer's strike. Looked like America was going to be in a civil war at the end of the series.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: MarkC
I enjoyed Jericho, it was a bit spooky when it was revealed who was behind the bombs.
I also enjoyed Kings, but it apparently only lasted 3 or 4 episodes.

Kings isn't cancelled yet, they simply took it off the spring schedule and will be bringing it back in the summer.

Originally Posted By: crinkles
I liked Jericho, but sometimes if ound it a bit slow moving.

+1 My wife and I spent some late nights watching this on DVD when we got them from Netflix. I loved the story-line.

I know this sounds silly, but I saw the preview for Jericho when it was first coming out, and it looked like a show I really wanted to watch, but I just never made the time to watch it!

Its one of those 'some day to catch-up with' shows for me...

Originally Posted By: crinkles
I liked Jericho, but sometimes if ound it a bit slow moving.

Yeah, it was pretty engaging right at the beginning, and then in started dragging its feet with not much happening throughout the episode - maybe they were facing budget cuts or their writers went on strike.

I only watched the first season though. I just downloaded the second season and will try to watch it when/if I find the time.

Great idea for the show though.

Anyone remember a sci-fi show called Earth 2, probably some 15 years ago? I liked it quite a bit, and apparently the show had a huge fan following, despite only being on air for one season.

Gave it a try a few times but couldn't watch for more than 15 minutes. The last time I tried to watch was yesterday on CW. COuldn't watch it for more than 5 minutes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back