Jeremy Mayfield's deal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did nascar finally say what naughty substance he was supposed to have taken? All I ever heard was it was an OTC medicine and a prescription medicine that combined.
54.gif

No one has said anything specific. NASCAR states they have informed Mayfield 3X as to what they found but are not going to reveal it publicly. Mayfield continues to claim all he took was Claritin-D along with some prescription medicine which caused the false positive. He also continues to claim NASCAR never told him what they found in the drug test.

Mayfield has an attorney and expects some type of legal action against NASCAR next week.

Most of the whining is being done by the media (imagine that...) but other drivers want to know what drug was found so they can avoid it and not receive the same penalty.

Don't expect much news this weekend but things might heat up a bit when lawsuits start flying.

He's toast. He tested for methamphetamines. Twice tested twice failed. If it was allergy meds OTC why aren't there a million lawsuits from people who are trying to get jobs being turned down?

Originally Posted By: kaboom10
He's toast. He tested for methamphetamines. Twice tested twice failed. If it was allergy meds OTC why aren't there a million lawsuits from people who are trying to get jobs being turned down?

That's what I thought...

Granted the OTC meds contain an ingredient of meth and is now regulated for sale the concentration can't be that high to trigger a positive drug test. How come he's the only one? Filing a law suit? Is he on drugs? lol

Well he said he took a double dose plus he is on meds for ADD which I believe may have some type of meth in it. I believe that if Claritin wasn't such a big sponsor this would have been brushe dunder the rug.

Originally Posted By: Jason2007
I believe that if Claritin wasn't such a big sponsor this would have been brushe dunder the rug.

There's so dang much politics in that sport that it's like washington d.c. on wheels.

Now Brian France is looking into manf outside the USA. There;s no money here and he's shown brand loyalty is a thing of the past. Hey does KIA want a shot at being a good ol' boy? Here come the beer cans on the track again. lol

Originally Posted By: daves87rs

That's what I thought...

I KNEW IT! HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA. He's a meth head.

Now Brian France is looking into manf outside the USA. There;s no money here and he's shown brand loyalty is a thing of the past. Hey does KIA want a shot at being a good ol' boy? Here come the beer cans on the track again. lol

My memory is a little fuzzy on what Brian France actually said, but I seem to remember him saying that he might consider more foreign nameplate cars if they had a manufacturing plant in the US.

I say why not? They allow Ford Fusions in, and they are manufactured in Mexico. They allow Chevy Impalas and Dodge Chargers in, and they are manufactured in Canada. Last I checked, these were foreign countries.

As far as brand loyalty goes, the Toyota Camry and the Honda Accord have been the best selling cars in the US for many years.

NASCAR is such a joke now, it's wonder why they are even worried about this stuff....

I guess they missed those good ole day parties (with plenty of booze and more), and those drivers back then raced just fine.

ARCA and other forms of racing are much better....

Originally Posted By: daves87rs
NASCAR is such a joke now, it's wonder why they are even worried about this stuff....

I guess they missed those good ole day parties (with plenty of booze and more), and those drivers back then raced just fine.

ARCA and other forms of racing are much better....

No doubt.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back