Jeff Cooper dies at 86.

Status
Not open for further replies.
RIP Jeff Cooper

patriot.gif

http://www.prescottdailycourier.com/main.asp?SectionID=1&SubSectionID=1&ArticleID=41279
patriot.gif

We have lost another legend in the firearms community. Intersting that I would hear about it on BITOG. I always enjoyed his writings as they were not written for an 8th grader.

RIP
patriot.gif

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!! That stinks. I loved reading his columns in G&A. I tried to absorb as much of what he wrote as possible. He had a lot of wisdom in that brain of his. He'll be missed by many.

RIP Mr. Cooper, Sir.

I hate to hear that, he was one of the very last of the old guard, as well as being one of the great teachers in the firearms field. Doggone it!
frown.gif

Under the circumstances- here's an "almost link" to one of the websites that carry his commentaries. You can figure out how to copy, paste, & replace the needed stuff, & we won't add to the burden of the BITOG servers.

http*colon*double-slash*www*dot*molonlabe*dot*net/Commentaries/

patriot.gif

Get his books, too--they're all fascinating reading, whether they're tales of his life or their manuals in the modern technique.

I agree we've all lost a tremendous man; it's only a small consolation that his wisdom has been fairly well captured in print.

It is sad to hear of Jeff's passing. But we can be grateful for his life and wisdom shared with us. Jeff was one of the last of the "old school" of gun writers with the stature of those like Elmer Keith, Skeeter Skelton, Bill Jordan, and others. Jeff told it like it was...no bull and no politically correct nonsense. Rest in peace, Jeff, and may the Lord keep you close always.

Quote:

It is sad to hear of Jeff's passing. But we can be grateful for his life and wisdom shared with us. Jeff was one of the last of the "old school" of gun writers with the stature of those like Elmer Keith, Skeeter Skelton, Bill Jordan, and others. Jeff told it like it was...no bull and no politically correct nonsense. Rest in peace, Jeff, and may the Lord keep you close always.

What he said
tombstone.gif

RIP, I always enjoyed his articles, and have lead a few friend into the "scout" principal for their pig gubs.

RIP...it's been a bad few weeks.

Oh no! Not the Colonel! Say it isn't so. We are saddened. I always accepted what he had to say at face value - he was succinct, accurate, entertaining, and wise. I won't hold my breath awaiting his replacement. A couple of quotes:

"As we enter the twenty-first century we find that rifle marksmanship has been largely lost upon military establishments of the world. The notion that technology can supplant incompetence is upon us in all sorts of endeavours, including shooting." Love it.

"Personal weapons are what raised mankind out of the mud and the rifle is the queen of personal weapons." So true.

No political horsedung; he could always be trusted to state it as it is, without fear of repercussions. Precious few people do that anymore...

Looks like dawn, Colonel. Your watch is over, turn in for a much-deserved rest and we'll try to take it from here, Sir.

John.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back