Jeep Owners how many miles does your 4.0 Have ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mines got 156,000 on it its a 1995 Grand Cherokee and Ive got a 2001 Grand Cherokee with 61,000 miles on it.

Just curious.

Not mine, but in the family:

1996 Cherokee Sport 4WD with ~180,000 miles.

I am a Honda/Toyota fan and I would put that 4.0L up against anything from Japan if we're talking about reliability and performance.

The simplicity of one cylinder head, camshaft and timing chain make me like it even more.

Makes me wonder why Suzuki is the only Japanese mfr to have in I6?

115,000 miles on my Cherokee with no mechanical problems thus far (bought it new).Ya it's an old tractor motor from the sixties...long on running stout.. short on gas mileage
grin.gif
worshippy.gif

No, but I think someone knew (linked to I think) some guy with over 800k on a jeep engine. Very odd choice for a very frequent (and long) flyer.

95 GC 4.0; 197,000 miles. Mobil 1 10w30 + Fram. 5,000 mile oil changes. Oil consumption now a ~ 1/2 qt per 5K OCI. No problems except rear main seal replaced.

2001 XJ 81k miles

A good friend of mine made it to just shy of 200k with his '94 XJ. That's saying a lot considering he thinks a 15k dino OCI is ok. The transfer case finally died, probably due to neglect, so he bought a 2003 KJ. When I took a look at it I told him to ARX it and start six month intervals of a good group IV, he just looked at me like I was crazy. Oh well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back