Jeep owner gets last laugh over Corvette parking

Status
Not open for further replies.
Taking 2 places is fine as long as one does it at the far end of the parking lot not at the front. Maybe this Corvette owner is a very important person, more important than others in that parking lot. Everyone has had to deal with a more important person every now and then. They know who they are and act accordingly.

Saw this one... The guy deserved worse than that imo.

Here's the video the Jeep owner filmed.

My grandfather has been in the hospital for over 2 months. He asked that someone drive his truck(this thing is babied, and has not a scratch or dent). I respect his care for his truck, I took it grocery shopping, I just made sure to park far out, I didn't take up two spaces.. why is that so hard for people to do?

Originally Posted By: actionstan
My grandfather has been in the hospital for over 2 months. He asked that someone drive his truck(this thing is babied, and has not a scratch or dent). I respect his care for his truck, I took it grocery shopping, I just made sure to park far out, I didn't take up two spaces.. why is that so hard for people to do?

Exactly. Park far away and walk, or leave the Garage Queen in the garage. The Jeep owner isn't the brightest candle on the birthday cake either.

I love my Firebird and try to keep it in good shape, but I wouldn't take up two spots if the parking lot was crowded. I'd just rather park further away instead of inconvenience someone else.

When I had a real beater I would do similar. To the extent that one day someone had parked across two spaces leaving a gap next to their driver's door that they clearly thought "nobody could get in there" - but they reckoned without me. I lined up my car, got out and pushed it into the space, where it JUST fitted. It was a 1977 original Mini, so would get in a pretty tight space (and was easy to push).

Originally Posted By: demarpaint

Exactly. Park far away and walk, or leave the Garage Queen in the garage. The Jeep owner isn't the brightest candle on the birthday cake either.

But I paid for a Corvette - I'm powerful. I should be able to park where I want and have no one park near me.

Both of them are jerks but that Corvette driver had it coming.

I love how he looked so flustered in front of his woman. Whoops, that chips away at the 'image', doesn't it?

Another thing. What is it with Corvette drivers going slow in the left lane on the highway? I know it's cop bait, but don't slow down other drivers. I'm rolling along in my police-invisible 3 cylinder 50 horsepower Honda Insight at 75 and this Corvette guy is going 60 in the 65 zone, holding up traffic. Happened more times than I care to remember.

Originally Posted By: Miller88

But I paid for a Corvette - I'm powerful. I should be able to park where I want and have no one park near me.

LOL In my neck of the woods odds are the Vette would have been keyed, or had slashed tires. I park far away and walk, there are too many nut jobs do contend with these days.

Originally Posted By: Pop_Rivit
Both of them are immature idiots.

No, the Corvette driver is the idiot.
(You're an idiot to park that way, right by the front door.)

And the Jeep driver is just immature.
(Immature... in making his point, and not having the ability to let the Corvette driver be the idiot that he is)

There's a pretty big difference there.

LOL In my neck of the woods odds are the Vette would have been keyed, or had slashed tires. I park far away and walk, there are too many nut jobs do contend with these days.

Excellent advice.

The sooner you can learn to ignore this unimportant nonsense the sooner you can become happy and fulfilled in your life. Trying to teach others a "lesson" may be costly and won't change the idiot at all...

Wish I still drove a beater so I could do this. When a truck parks over the line unnecessarily I always parked in my spot dead center.

This happened in NJ.
The driver of the Corvette appears to be a stereotypical member of a particular ethnic group that has a holier than though level of self-worth. Hence, the selfish parking job, thinking he's worth more than 2 other people, who wanted to eat at that restaurant.

I'm sorry, he got what he deserved, and would have gotten far worse if different people saw him park like that.

Honestly, where is the restaurant manager who should have found out who owned the Corvette as soon as it was noticed in that parking position, and made him park properly, or leave?

BC.

The Jeep owner should've parked right behind him and blocked him in. Plus that corvette is an ugly pos with those stupid homegrown stripes above the fenders. I think that dumb [censored] should be more concerned with the fact that he ruined his paint job with those autozone racing stripe stickers instead of a door ding haha.

I admit I dislike door dings on both my truck and wife's car. Thus I park at the far end of the parking lot and a little extra walking will not hurt me.

Jeep driver could have backed in and turned his wheel out and blocked the vette from leaving.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back