Jeep is Recalling its Hot-Selling 2020 Jeep Gladiator

Status
Not open for further replies.
"The recall involves 3,427 2020 Jeep Gladiators, that may have a driveshaft that was assembled without grease in a key joint."

Gee, what could possibly go wrong with this?

https://bit.ly/2mms0my

smile.gif

Ed

It could have been worse. Having said that I will continue to avoid the first year of any new vehicle.

Originally Posted by 1978elcamino
Hot Selling?

I agree, but I'll take *their* word for it (whoever *they* are).

Today is the first day I've ever seen one and I have to admit that *I* don't like it. I think they're butt-ugly and WAY overpriced...but that's me.

Ed

Oops. Well, recalls are normal part of life.

Huh, made by Dana? Maybe they're taking the grease that is supposed to be in this joint and applying it to Toyota frames instead?

I like that Jeep and would give it serious consideration if I lived back home.

Reminds me of this Rover.

[Linked Image from cdn-ds.com]

Last edited:
I also havent seen any on the roads, yet also heard how well they were selling. I think someone on here posted that there were certain lease deals with 3500$ down it was 149 or 199 for a base model monthly.

Understatement of the year: "If the driveshaft came off entirely, it could be an obstacle for another driver."

Before Ford and other fans get too excited, my 2015 Transit had a similar recall for what appears to be a rubber driveshaft connection that could crack and fail, causing a catastrophic driveshaft separation while driving. It didn't get the publicity because it isn't a sexy vehicle. The worst of it is that unlike the Jeep, it didn't involve defective parts, but rather a bad design. That's much worse, in my book. Range Rover has used this kind of connection in the past and it was notorious for horrible vibration at highway speeds. Ford once owned RR, and should have known better. They swapped it out with a traditional metal connection and it is now fine. It has no more NVH than it did before, so I'm befuddled as to why Ford ever used the original design in the first place.

It probably works fine in other cars. Mercedes uses a rubber driveshaft flex disc, they just wear out like everything else over time.

I've only seen one here and I thought it looked bad.. The bed just didn't match the front of it (tacky looking), and the taillights looked weird against the back of the pickup bed. This one in particular was a very bare-bones base model with lots of unpainted exterior surfaces (fender flares, bumpers, door handles, etc.); I'd probably like it better if it were a little more dressed up.

FCA stuff always has issues! although i like the concept of a convertible pickup its too short box + way to expensive price tag keeps me away!!

There is a house in my neighborhood that has three of them in their driveway. All brand new, all jacked up with lift kits and big tires.

Originally Posted by benjy
FCA stuff always has issues! although i like the concept of a convertible pickup its too short box + way to expensive price tag keeps me away!!

*patiently waiting for issues with both FCA vehicles*

I think pickups are boring meh whatever and can't fathom one besides needing for only utility/work.

The Jeep pickup is first that ever had interested me. I could drive one daily.

Originally Posted by IndyFan
Before Ford and other fans get too excited, my 2015 Transit had a similar recall for what appears to be a rubber driveshaft connection that could crack and fail, causing a catastrophic driveshaft separation while driving. It didn't get the publicity because it isn't a sexy vehicle. The worst of it is that unlike the Jeep, it didn't involve defective parts, but rather a bad design. That's much worse, in my book. Range Rover has used this kind of connection in the past and it was notorious for horrible vibration at highway speeds. Ford once owned RR, and should have known better. They swapped it out with a traditional metal connection and it is now fine. It has no more NVH than it did before, so I'm befuddled as to why Ford ever used the original design in the first place.

Yeah, I have personally done over 250+ of those FORD Transit van recalls.

My work is now not getting this POS jeep gladiator. Thank You God

Originally Posted by Skippy722
Originally Posted by benjy

*patiently waiting for issues with both FCA vehicles*

You might not have to wait very long. Grand Cararavan reliability index, 14.6 out of a possible 100 points. 2008-2015 models, 0 out of a possible 100 points. No data yet on 2016-2019 models: http://www.dashboard-light.com/vehicles/Dodge_Grand_Caravan.html

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back