Jeep Grand Wagoneer

On this new Jeep Grand Wagoneer is there anything that looks odd to you or needs to be changed in your opinion ?

2022_Jeep_Grand_Wagoneert.jpg

Last edited:
Definitely some alignment issues with the rear gate, I wouldn't accept that, the dealer would need to fix before delivery.

The chrome trim around the taillights could actually align with the trim on the lift gate. I’d expect better fit and finish on a $100,000 vehicle, but it is a Chrysler after all.
You'll find that with any marque. The F&F on my SRT is perfect, but the dealer is supposed to spot this stuff during a PDI and correct it, especially, as you note, on a $100,000 vehicle.

comically thick and wide range rover style badging with the worst font imaginable. the grand cherokee is well styled, the wagoneer is a caricature of the american full size suv.

excessive chrome trim needs to be banned at the federal level

Yeah the only thing that's wrong is that it's too short. As for the rear looking a bit off we're in the covid car era of quality and it's probably an early press release model. The rear gives land rover vibes with the chrome text but i like the chrome trim. People are too chromeophobic these days it's sad. Whatever happened to everything having lots of chrome. They look better.

If you're gonna go through the big r&n trouble to make an SUV of this category there should be a LWB too because the non long wheelbase expedition, navigator, tahoe, yukon, and escalade market is one thing but the long wheelbase is another.

Like a square in a rectangle. You can easily convince SWB buyers who fully utilize to get a LWB but you can't convince us LWB buyers who fully utilize them to get a SWB. We buy LWB's to pack them to the brim so why would we ever consider an SWB if it fails the minimum criteria no matter how pretty or cool it is. And this is a vehicle for big families.

I wish my escalade esv was even longer. I struggled to pack the rear for its first yet short distance road trip in November with the kids in the rear seats. It's still too short. I need an even longer SUV still and I'm not joking or trying to be a typical bigger is better everything Texan. Although things that are bigger are honestly just better for the most part.

But the rear is honestly too short even with the longer model because the floor is much higher and the width is a lot narrower from all the crash safety crumple zones compared to the ample xl denali with a low floor and wide trunk width. If it had just an extra foot of length then we'd be rock and rollin.

On this new Jeep Grand Wagoneer is there anything that looks odd to you or needs to be changed in your opinion ?

View attachment 85038
Three things stand out to me:

As many others have mentioned, fitment is terrible-- taillights to rear hatch lights, upper hatch where it meets the rear (d?) pillar. I wonder what's hiding on the side you can't see. Hard to pass as a luxury vehicle with these types of flaws.

Why the black surrounding the rear glass?

And all-in-all it looks bland, missing some detail on the top perhaps? I can't put my finger on it, but to me, it looks like an oversized Ford Flex.

I think the new 2022 Kia Sedona does the look better at a fraction of the price, and probably rides / handles better, maybe fits more too. But then you don't get the 4x4 (that most people don't need) and Jeep cachet.

Good God, it looks so much better from the front...this angle just looks off. The proportions are a bit weird and the round bottom, sqaure windows are odd. Hope they sell though...

Quick look online at various ones and I couldn’t find a single one that badly off… though with the blanked out Michigan plate I wonder if it was a late prototype/early test vehicle.

They look better in black though… and I’m usually a sucker for a white vehicle.
A0C1C2D1-E22A-4C06-AE87-AB3355936040.jpeg

Don’t get me wrong, it’s not that they use chrome, it’s how they use it. Look how it sticks out, like it’s an overlay. Look how it fades into the roof. Why do the window shapes not follow the contour of the body? They look upside down. Of course, I’d they followed the contour, it would look like a Yukon. Notice how the door panels have different gaps from top to bottom? That’s not a press car, that’s exactly how my 08 Jeep was. It’s just sloppy. The roof trim and roof lines at the tops of the doors is awfully busy. The rear pillar at the trunk lid, how the window stops early and has that odd angle?

wheres the guy that used to be here and did a true design critique? He flamed the Camry a few years back where he could see how the final design failed due to how corners had to be cut from the original pen. I couldn’t unsee what he illuminated, yet before pointing it out I didn’t catch the atte,pts to mask (notably a C pillar issue with a rear triangle window). Would enjoy his take on this.

Back