Jeep Grand Cherokee 4.0

Status
Not open for further replies.
Its almost time for my winter oil change and I was wondering if running conventional 5W30 in my 96 grand cherokee was ideal. I live in Connecticut and the car has about 120k miles. My plan was to run some QS dino 5W30 for about 5k. The car sees about 15 miles round trip everyday and a 70 mile round trip every Sunday. Occasionally (once every 2 months) we'll go to PA to ski which is about a 200 mile round trip.

its been on delvac 15W30 during the summer months @ 5k intervals. and currently its filled with Maxlife 10W30 which im planning on draining at the same interval.

so how bout it? sounds like a plan? any other recommendation?

Last edited:
5W-30 should be fine. I know a lot of people like to run Rotella 5W-40 in these engines. We always just ran whatever dino 10W-30 was on sale in our old 99 2.5.

Originally Posted By: Nick R
5W-30 should be fine. I know a lot of people like to run Rotella 5W-40 in these engines. We always just ran whatever dino 10W-30 was on sale in our old 99 2.5.

would it be alright to run it for 5k under those driving conditions? about 150miles/week half city half highway

Originally Posted By: dgee
Originally Posted By: Nick R

would it be alright to run it for 5k under those driving conditions? about 150miles/week half city half highway

If you are worried about it, I would use PYB 5W-30 and change it every 5k easily. PYB is one of the best conventionals available, and should easily be able to handle 5k intervals.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back