Jeep "glamping" ad...

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was nearly over the disaster that was my 2001 Dakota.

Chrysler has just renewed my boycott for another decade.

Originally Posted By: L_Sludger
Impressions of the video:

0:10 - girls weekend. NBD
0:20 - diesel? ok
0:34 - oh great
0:40 - Glamping?! I had to look it up.
1:00 - Since when has blogging been a profession? When has it ever been something to brag about doing?!
1:25 - Are you going glamping? barf
1:40 - effete shopkeeper
2:08 - snarky broads snarking around
2:30 - what does this have to do with Jeep?
2:35 - what's wrong with this woman's face? Did she have a stroke or something and can't move half of her face?
3:10 - Thanks for your help? What help? picking five tomatoes?
3:50 - Another jeep full of bloggers?
4:10 - Alkies, all of them
4:39 - It must be a Jeep thing, because I certainly don't understand.

What bothered me most about this video was the fact that these do-nothing limp-wristed bloggers were presented as actually having some value, or having something worth saying.

A Toyota Prius could have done the off-roading shown in the video.

So, overall 0/10 would not recommend.

This is the kind of auto commercial that would get me in the showroom: https://www.you tube.com/watch?v=ShiKM3OibGQ
(copy and paste into the url box and remove the space between you and tube, wear your headphones for the language)

Bahahaha.

I've gotta watch the add now after this stellar description.

Awesome

K. I don't even know what to say.

In the eighties beer commercials consisted of hot girls bouncing around. So we bought beer.
Today we have pretty girls driving around the countryside and I'm lost as to what any of that story has to do with a jeep.
In reality that commercial could be for an electric car,or hybrid,since we see lots of environment shots.
Or it could be a wine commercial.
Or it could be a marshmallow commercial.
What ever happened to the commercial having something to do with the product.
Beyond stupid.

Oz gets the good Jeep ads.

Dad and son playing in yard, object goes over the fence, they can't find it due to grass being 2' high.
Talking to mother about why the yard is in disarray...
"They bought a Jeep".

Kids in school for show and tell.
Dumb boy talks about his imaginary friend.
Girl stands up with a shell...that she found on a remote beach last weekend
Boy turns to another boy at back of class
"They bought a Jeep"

Dad comes home with new Jeep.
Kid turns to him, then looks over at the dinghy in the carport.
"You're gonna need a bigger boat"

Honestly I don't see a problem with that video at all. No,it doesn't appeal to those of us that frequent BITOG, but it's not supposed to. They're marketing the Grand Cherokee, and this is the demographic they're trying to reach, because they're likely to be in the market for an SUV like the Grand Cherokee.

Originally Posted By: KD0AXS
Honestly I don't see a problem with that video at all. No,it doesn't appeal to those of us that frequent BITOG, but it's not supposed to. They're marketing the Grand Cherokee, and this is the demographic they're trying to reach, because they're likely to be in the market for an SUV like the Grand Cherokee.

Exactly it's a "Lifestyle Ad" aimed at the people that Jeep feel they can sell to.

OK , people like that make me want to puke, But then there are a few Other types I guess I don't care for either.

Originally Posted By: expat
Originally Posted By: KD0AXS

Exactly it's a "Lifestyle Ad" aimed at the people that Jeep feel they can sell to.

OK , people like that make me want to puke, But then there are a few Other types I guess I don't care for either.

Agreed. Just another commercial. This one is just aimed at a particular group some of the typical Jeep guys find repugnant.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back