Jeep "glamping" ad...

Status
Not open for further replies.
This must be the most embarassing Jeep ad ever created...

I was searching for the music video for "Hay" by Crucial Conflict on YouTube, and somehow this is the ad at the beginning of the video. I'm sure these fashionista bloggers (that's a job?) will resonate with Crucial Conflict listeners.
crackmeup2.gif

I understand women are the crossover target market, but this is a truly vomit worthy ad. Professional bloggers? Glamping? What is this world coming to?

I guess their marketing dept/company succeeded though, the ad was so bad I kept watching past the "skip this" button, then shared it here. It does not make me want to buy a Jeep though.

Oh man, another one, with more fashionistas in this "Jackson Hole" place...

This one came up while looking for "Po Pimpin'" by Do or Die on YouTube.

"I'm totally on Instagram, so Instagram obsessed."
sick.gif

1374332338216.jpg

Wow. 9.5/10 on the hipster scale.

Now if you'll excuse me, I have to get a $50 side-part haircut, sleeve tattoos, thick black eyeglasses, and skinny jeans. Because... it's ironic?

Originally Posted By: montero1
Thank God they didn't do that with a Wrangler.

LOL True!

I think they're trying to expand their market and show Jeep isn't all about hardcore off-roading? Who knows what they were thinking? Honestly it was too long to sit through.

Having just installed these seat covers in my Jeep, I found the video to be very nice. Hugs and kisses, guys. Have a nice weekend.
51HefpOzJEL._SX355_.jpg

I must be really out of the loop. I hadn't heard of glamping until now. Another small shred of my innocence gone.

I couldn't keep watching the second vid once the horses and half dub-step beats came out. Wholey horrible Batman!

Glamping...seriously Isn't something like that usually called a rich outdoor dinner.

I know I'll sound old and gen X when I say this but nobody in that video could ever "camp" out the real way. It would be quite amusing to hear then cry about the rain though.

Impressions of the video:

0:10 - girls weekend. NBD
0:20 - diesel? ok
0:34 - oh great
0:40 - Glamping?! I had to look it up.
1:00 - Since when has blogging been a profession? When has it ever been something to brag about doing?!
1:25 - Are you going glamping? barf
1:40 - effete shopkeeper
2:08 - snarky broads snarking around
2:30 - what does this have to do with Jeep?
2:35 - what's wrong with this woman's face? Did she have a stroke or something and can't move half of her face?
3:10 - Thanks for your help? What help? picking five tomatoes?
3:50 - Another jeep full of bloggers?
4:10 - Alkies, all of them
4:39 - It must be a Jeep thing, because I certainly don't understand.

What bothered me most about this video was the fact that these do-nothing limp-wristed bloggers were presented as actually having some value, or having something worth saying.

A Toyota Prius could have done the off-roading shown in the video.

So, overall 0/10 would not recommend.

This is the kind of auto commercial that would get me in the showroom: https://www.you tube.com/watch?v=ShiKM3OibGQ
(copy and paste into the url box and remove the space between you and tube, wear your headphones for the language)

I am guessing that 97.2% of Jeeps sold in my zipcode never see anything but asphalt. And 2.7% of the remaining folks define "off road" as going less than 20 feet from a main road....but hey it had some mud!

Originally Posted By: L_Sludger
Impressions of the video:

0:10 - girls weekend. NBD
0:20 - diesel? ok
0:34 - oh great
0:40 - Glamping?! I had to look it up.
1:00 - Since when has blogging been a profession? When has it ever been something to brag about doing?!
1:25 - Are you going glamping? barf
1:40 - effete shopkeeper
2:08 - snarky broads snarking around
2:30 - what does this have to do with Jeep?
2:35 - what's wrong with this woman's face? Did she have a stroke or something and can't move half of her face?
3:10 - Thanks for your help? What help? picking five tomatoes?
3:50 - Another jeep full of bloggers?
4:10 - Alkies, all of them
4:39 - It must be a Jeep thing, because I certainly don't understand.

nice !

Originally Posted By: L_Sludger

What bothered me most about this video was the fact that these do-nothing limp-wristed bloggers were presented as actually having some value, or having something worth saying.

there value is if you go to any of their pages, you will have you browser crash because of too much/too many links to other bloggers, and if you manage to read the blog, half will be masked publicity for somethingy....

Originally Posted By: mount
I liked the video.

Haha I liked it too! Tiffany Mitchell is hot!! Three sexy chickadees having a fun road trip
smile.gif

Originally Posted By: pandus13

there value is if you go to any of their pages, you will have you browser crash because of too much/too many links to other bloggers, and if you manage to read the blog, half will be masked publicity for somethingy....

A few days ago, while clicking around, I saw a side link on some controlled media website talking about a new-wave radical feminist who has an angle about female 'programmers', or.. as they call them, 'coders'. One of their profiles was of a particularly odious creature who called itself a 'WordPress developer'. WordPress developer? What is there to develop? A background color and a font size?! Who really pays the bills there, her life partner? Yuck!!!
In the future when the fiat merry-go-round stops those people will need to grow up and learn something useful right quick or they'll end up starving. That'll give them something to blog about!

L_Sludger,
i still remember that story from here on bitog, about the whole neighborhood being without power, and nobody could open the garage doors.
the bitoger just pull the manual release string....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back