Jeep 2.0L Pennzoil Platinum 5W-30

I’ve always used PP 5W-30 in my 19 Cherokee Limited with the 2L turbo but am seriously considering Pennzoil Euro L 5W-30. What do you think of it?
euro L 5w30 isnt an inprovement over pp 5w30
IIRC its for saps. and possibly gasoline particulate filter.

For viscosity improvement to combat gdi fuel dilution you need to go thicker. ie 5w40 or 0w40.

I see nothing wrong with that report at all. PP 5w30 is quite thin for 30 grade anyway, I think it starts about 9.8 or so. If you are driving mostly highway you are not going to run into much dilution issues. I would continue what you're doing and maybe do another test in 2-3 oil changes.

euro L 5w30 isnt an inprovement over pp 5w30
IIRC its for saps. and possibly gasoline particulate filter.

For viscosity improvement to combat gdi fuel dilution you need to go thicker. ie 5w40 or 0w40.

Euro L is significantly thicker than regular PP.

However if it was my vehicle under warranty I would use approved oil.

I’ve always used PP 5W-30 in my 19 Cherokee Limited with the 2L turbo but am seriously considering Pennzoil Euro L 5W-30. What do you think of it?
I use it but it's more of a "mid saps" that's for both gas and diesel but i use it in na port injected engines so its not an issue. I change every 7k or so on them since they do more city miles but neither the honda or mitsu beat oil up. But i think i'll switch to st adv syn this time around.

i recommended pp 0w-40 since its a low saps with the SP rating. Euro L is only api sn not sn plus or newer. Considered using it in my new gdi escalade but it may be a bit much for it. may just use something else in a 30 grade. Euro l is 12.5 kv100 which is the right at the limit of a 30 grade so its scraping a 40 grade. PP 0w-40 is 13.0 so almost no real difference.

Euro L is significantly thicker than regular PP.

However if it was my vehicle under warranty I would use approved oil.
yes it is thicker but doesnt meet api SN+ or ms-13340 specs
if you are already dropping using a ms-13340 oil I'd go straight to 0w40 or 5w40.
Euro L does say formulated to reduce lspi

euro L 12.5cst
PP 10.3cst
m1 0w40 12.9cst

I also have 9 jugs of pp 5w30 I got forjug so its pretty cheap just to keep changing it early. and its in warranty for another year.

Last edited:
Back