Jeans: what brand and style do you wear?

Levi 527 ("slim" boot cut). I wore 517 (regular boot cut) before they discontinued them. This is one of my last bastions for decent boot cut denim and I'm waiting for the trend to come back around for more selection.

Haven't wore jeans in sometime now.. I wear cargo khakis mainly for the nature of my work I can put pens and tools etc in the pockets and they're just more comfortable than jean material. But I have worn old navy gap Levi, wrangler and Lee's or whatever is on sale

I haven't bought jeans in a while, Levi completely screwed up the numbering of all their slim fit jeans several years ago, but my favorites where the slim taper leg jeans that sit at the waist, I don't remember what number they were or know what number they are now.

When I wear jeans, Levi’s 501. Same size since college. But I haven’t bought any in years, as they moved production to various countries, cheapened the product, with thinner materials. They are junk. For $80 a pair, MSRP, they’re a horrible value.

I’ve got enough old pairs of 501s to last forever.

Sorry, Levi’s, you’re no longer an American company, and your corporate values of cheap production, high consumer price, and focus on fashion over quality simply don’t appeal to me. Pure profit and marketing instead of quality manufacture. Such a shame.

Lately, for the same purpose, Filson dry tin cloth pants. Comfortable, durable, quality materials. Filson is a company I can support.

Back