Jd x320

Status
Not open for further replies.
Getting ready to invest in a new mower. I am looking pretty seriously at the x320 seems to be a decent mower. I have seen several older posts about the x320. Is this still considered to be a good trouble free investment?

Originally Posted By: cronk
The x series are very good tractors. Reliable Kawasaki engines, and the X320 has the more reliable k58 Tuff Torq transmission.

Agreed. If I were in the market for a lawn and garden tractor of that size, the X320 would be at the top of a very short list.

Thanks thought it would be a good idea to get the better tranny and couple more horses over the x300. Now just have to work a good deal..

The dealers in Washington State say the 48 is the best match for the 320 when cutting native grasses. My 320 with the 48 cuts 2" of heavy grass without any indication of bogging down. Light or heavy grass it sails though sounding the same, just using more fuel during a heavier cut.

Ed

I'd probably hold back to the 48 with that engine.

Now, if it was the Kawasaki liquid cooled v-twin (FD620D) that I have in my JD 425AWS, you'd be fine with the 54. But again, with that engine... I'd hold to the 48.

My step dad bought an X500 2 years ago, awesome machine!
If its in your budget, go for it!
Don't know if it is above your needs, but the X500 has a much heavier duty transaxle, and that 24hp Kawi v twin is awesome.

Originally Posted By: cronk
My step dad bought an X500 2 years ago, awesome machine!
If its in your budget, go for it!
Don't know if it is above your needs, but the X500 has a much heavier duty transaxle, and that 24hp Kawi v twin is awesome.

It may be a little more machine than I need.. But I want this mower to last 20 years plus..

Well it's up to my wife now.. Here in a couple weeks I will take her to drive the x500 and x530 to see if she wants the power steering.. I am betting on the x530

Originally Posted By: CompGUY
Well it's up to my wife now.. Here in a couple weeks I will take her to drive the x500 and x530 to see if she wants the power steering.. I am betting on the x530

Well good luck...I did the same thing and after the wife drove the riders she drove the z-turn and that's what we came home with.

Well now for a couple hundred more I can step up to the x540 with liquid cooling.. Whats everyone's thoughts on liquid vs air on a small engine.. Is it worth it..

Well now for a couple hundred more I can step up to the x540 with liquid cooling.. Whats everyone's thoughts on liquid vs air on a small engine.. Is it worth it..

If used commercially liquid cooling is nice to have, for a homeowner machine I don't think it is necessary.

My liquid cooled 16 year old Kawasaki has ran flawlessly all these years, and I haven't had to spend a dime on repairs. If you plan on keeping it, and working it hard for alot of years, then I think liquid cooling is worth the little extra money.

I have a JD GT-235 garden tractor with Kawasaki 18HP V-Twin air cooled. It's been 100% reliable over the last 10 years. I fully expect another 10 years.

The EPA rating on this engine is 1000 hours, the highest available. I'm not at all sure the liquid cooling will result in longer or more trouble free operation.

Well we just got back awhile ago.. And looks like the a 530 will be coming home with us in a couple weeks..

Nice-looking machine! That's a heavy-duty (for homeowner use) machine that should serve you well for many years to come!

Puts my much cheaper D105 to shame in the features department...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back