JD Plus 50 II

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Schaeffer I have been using for years compares somewhat well wth the JD stuff. Guess I will keep on using the Schaeffer. Especially since I have moved on to CK-4.

The testing is extremely dated, and, CK-4 rollout, I wouldn't be surprised if all the oils involved have been reformulated in the interim. Heck, XD-3 is listed in their testing, and that was discontinued years ago. Was there even an XD-3 in CJ-4? As far as I recall, XD-3 was phased out with the CJ-4 rollout.

I don't know where Beanoil found the literature, but you're correct its listed as CJ-4 and it very well could have been at the onset of the CJ-4 rollout, its listed as all oils tested are CJ-4.

That doesn't change the data thats presented.

Garak; You have a monster JD dealership just east of Regina. Back in the day JD engine oils had the same exact specs as Esso XD-3. Same oil except for the price, but JD sales people said no.

Yes, I know them very well. Back when I was a kid on the farm, we used to deal with one of the component dealers that forms that group now. The same owner of that small dealership is one of the principal owners of the big group now, and his relative worked the local Imperial Oil shop, to boot, but now does something else out west. Coincidentally, I share some business interests with both of them. And you're right, John Deere obviously sources the oil from somewhere, and somewhere convenient and cost effective. I still like the selection of oil (and other fluids) that that specific JD dealership has. No matter what happens lately, though, Imperial Oil keeps giving me pricing that's virtually impossible to beat.

roadrunner1: I'm just pointing out to be cautious of tests that were done that might have been two or three formulations ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back