JD Fuel Filter

Presumed original to the engine. Replaced it with a NAPA 3399.

1106201548_HDR.jpg

1106201549_HDR.jpg

1106201549a_HDR.jpg

1106201600a_HDR.jpg

1106201600b_HDR.jpg

I've often wondered about the wisdom of cutting open a used fuel filter. It must still contain some residual gas and fumes. Is it dangerous if the cutting tool creates a spark? Can it catch on fire or explode? I know that filling a gas can that is not grounded like in the back of a plastic lined pick up can cause static electricity which can ignite gasoline.

My motto is safety first.

I've often wondered about the wisdom of cutting open a used fuel filter. It must still contain some residual gas and fumes. Is it dangerous if the cutting tool creates a spark? Can it catch on fire or explode? I know that filling a gas can that is not grounded like in the back of a plastic lined pick up can cause static electricity which can ignite gasoline.

Diesel fuel filter.

Longacre filter cutter.

What if?

Back