Jatco/Nissan CVT Drain & Refill with Pictures

Did a drain & refill just because i felt the transmission wasnt as smooth as it should.
Brand new car with a little over 8K miles only.
Dont know what ATF should smell like but it didnt smell burnt, color was a very dark green when in a cup and in the paper towel it still looked very very lightly green, almost lightly yellow.
Procedure was extremely easy, easier than an oil change because its easier to clean and the drain plug was easier to reach. Used an OBD scanner to fill with the right temp.

Filled with Castrol Transmax CVT.

Attachments

• 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    127.9 KB · Views: 26
  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    146.3 KB · Views: 25
4 quarts usually does it for the 2015 Altima I service. I use a dipstick from an earlier car.
I hate that locking fill tube cap tab thing. So I put it back on 180* out. It ain't going nowhere.

Took me 3 quarts on this CVT.
I can do a how to guide but without the pictures since i dont have any aside from the ones posted above.
Figured a way to remove the cap, all those Youtube videos proved worthless to me.
The easiest way is to grab a flat head screwdriver, insert it through the hole where the cap clips on the tube and while pushing the clip use the other hand and pull it out.

I would have taken the car back to the dealer being new w/8k miles. It was under warranty. I don't know why you would have messed with it.

If you are having issues at 8k miles with OEM fluid, you got problems brewing with your Jatco and a fluid change isn't a long term solution..

Back