Japanese Mobil 1 has Type III?

Status
Not open for further replies.
There is a new store around that is geared to the import tuner kids. The store happens to be owned by (from what they say) a leading parts distibutor in japan. They have the "Straight from Japan" oils section, which has factory Toyota and Honda oils. Along with a Mobil 1 "Road Master" 10w-30.

Trying to decypher the side of the 4L can, it says "PAO & Hydroprocessd [sic]". On the Mobil 1 Japan page it agrees-- the rest of the Mobil 1 lineup just says PAO but the 10w-30 still says hydroprocessed.

Any clue guys? I know we're mostly a Canadian/US/Australian board, but anyone have a guess? George?

The price of the M-1 was a little high at $28.99 for 4L, so i'm not planning on that... Just looking to learn more about the big name oils.

ferb!

Little confused as to what happened to this thread.. Replys to posts that i don't see.

Anyway.. The oil in question is still SL/CF rated, so it can't be too old. Perhaps the formula is, but not the jugs.

ferb!

quote:

Originally posted by Ferb:
Little confused as to what happened to this thread.. Replys to posts that i don't see.

Anyway.. The oil in question is still SL/CF rated, so it can't be too old. Perhaps the formula is, but not the jugs.

ferb!

I am sorry that i confused you, i copy-pasted from an older thread.I wanted to point you that PAO is a synthesized hydrocarbon.

"Hydroprocessing" is the industry term for catalyzed/hydrogen saturation isomerization processing of petroleum feedstocks - Group II, Group II+, and Group III respectively according to the "severity" (time, pressure, and the catalyst involved) in the reaction vessel. This suggests to me that this Japanese Mobil 1 is a PAO and Group II or Group III (more probable) blend. So now it starts...
wink.gif

[ November 22, 2003, 09:22 PM: Message edited by: Ray H ]

quote:

Originally posted by G-Man II:

quote:

Originally posted by yannis:
This must be a different kind of Mobil 1.The specs are dated 1995.and the composition of the oil is HC?!? "Mobil 1 is formulated from wax-free synthesized hydrocarbons ...

PAO is a synthesized hydrocarbon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back