Japanese industry ethics slipping?

Status
Not open for further replies.
How can we make the claim that Japanese cars are slipping when we have had xyz (insert actual amount) recalls from domestic car manufactures?

agree

Originally Posted By: fdcg27
Secret warranty coverage while the car was in for a LOF?
Huh, I guess the Japanese cars we've owned must not have needed any of this secret work, since we never took any of them anywhere near a dealer after buying them.
After eight Hondas, three Subarus and a lone Toyota none of which ever saw a dealer after purchase, we never had any problems of any note with these cars.
They really were and are well designed and well made vehicles, as are many models from America, Europe and Korea.
We've had a few American and European cars as well and we've also found them to be free of problems.
I know that this is way OT, but the average new car will run well beyond 150K with no serious problems of any kind, and this has been true for at least the last four decades.
It was not always the case in the 'seventies, although it was true of our '76 Civic. Great little go-kart!

Originally Posted By: javacontour
I started to say there was some issue with faulty fuel tanks in the past. However, it dawned on me that that was part of the plot in Debt of Honor by Tom Clancy.

I better be careful. Otherwise, folks will think I'm crazy for not being able to distinguish between fiction and real life
smile.gif

Actually, they DID have a problem with faulty fuel tanks in the Nippon made Land Cruisers back in the early '90s, which they covered up, and acted like they were still the 'epitome of perfection' that most consumers in this country believed them to be.
mad.gif

There is a word in Japanese called "Karoshi." It means death by overwork, because during crunch time, many people would be working over 70 hours a week and be forced to sleep at their desks. I have heard some people suggest that it was the real reason people were getting much wealthier over there during the 1980s.

How bad are business ethics when people have to create a word for death by hard labor.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back