japan trash

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: mopar_monkey

link

Wow thanks for posting.

I wonder how many cars will make it over.

Hawaii already has a problem with collecting trash from around the world. This is going to make it worse:

CNN Article

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: needsducktape
Wow. That is sad. Hopefully, it will be handled with care.

By the way, how the heck does a TV float across the ocean?!

+1

Originally Posted By: daves87rs

+1

i believe crt screens will float have a glass tube thats filled with gas and sealed?

Originally Posted By: oilboy123
At least they float till they break.

Yes, as a Biologist this trash floating out in the open ocean really concerns me. It will really rage havoc with local ecosystems when it reaches to shallower waters.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: HTSS_TR
Who is paying to clean up this trash ? Local governments ?

why should anyone pay to clean it up?if i was wealthy i would have several large ships out salvaging this mess, think of all the lumber alone, it could be gathered and processed for chip and particle board, someone should be making money from this!

Originally Posted By: mopar_monkey
Originally Posted By: HTSS_TR
Who is paying to clean up this trash ? Local governments ?

why should anyone pay to clean it up?if i was wealthy i would have several large ships out salvaging this mess, think of all the lumber alone, it could be gathered and processed for chip and particle board, someone should be making money from this!

And salvage ship and labor cost nothing and chip / particle boards can be made with salt water corroded material and still be good enough for sale.

geez, well i don't think salt water will ruin the wood for chip board, and yes labor and ships cost money, all i was saying is taxpayers should not be paying to clean this up, there are uses for this stuff. why spend billions to clean it up and throw it away, someone needs to get on the ball and take advantage of this. but maybe your right, there is no use for this, we should just wait for it to end up on our beaches and chocking out our bays so we can spend our tax money to dispose of it, tax money we obviously don't have.

Last edited:
All I know, is if that hulking Gundam statue fell into the ocean and washed ashore, I'd lay claim to it and put it in the front yard
smile.gif

Originally Posted By: Big_Kat
Originally Posted By: daves87rs

+1

i believe crt screens will float have a glass tube thats filled with gas and sealed?

I hope its not my old Sony Trinitron KV-27V36.
frown.gif
THAT would be a shame.

They have buoyancy, but all that water really plays with the ircuit board. Im not sure it will work.

Let it dry out a week, and pray.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back