Jan-Michael Vincent, star of Airwolf and The Winds of War, dead at 74

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by BMWTurboDzl
Poor guy really f-d up his life

He had a lot of financial and behavioral issues later on as his career waned, and roles dried up. He also had some bad health issues as well. An infection caused him to undergo a leg amputation. But overall he didn't take very good care of himself, that's for sure.

Originally Posted by buster
I loved Airwolf.

Me too... Strange to think that Airwolf was only on from 84-86... Would have thought it would have been on longer than that.

Originally Posted by bbhero
I loved Airwolf.

Me too... Strange to think that Airwolf was only on from 84-86... Would have thought it would have been on longer than that.

2.5 seasons on CBS, then a fake 4th season with different actors, Barry Van Dyke etc, filmed in Canada without access to the actual helicopter in 1987 on the USA network. Fake season would have been good if you'd seen it first.

Last edited:
Originally Posted by bbhero
I loved Airwolf.

Everything I read said that he basically killed the show with his problems. Shame, I enjoyed the show back in the day (I was like ten when I watched it).

I loved Airwolf.

I did too, even though i knew it was impossible, it was kind of cool. Look at it now adn some of the 80's special effects were funny.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back