Jalopnik: Kia Dealers Dead Last in Customer Satisfaction Survey

Not very convincing. It all depends on the individual dealership. Many KIA dealerships are often combined with cars from other manufacturers. In that case, a customer will get the same sorry service on any other brand at that dealership.

KIA have hot selling vehicles right now there dealership personal do be walking about like there **** don’t stink. They are quick to send you away if you want to pay there market adjustment pricing .🤬🤬

Consumers just need to boycott these type of dealers... The only thing they (KIA management) understand is stagnant sales figures. People that pay OVER sticker just because they have to have the latest toy hurt everyone... including their own pocketbooks.

Consumers just need to boycott these type of dealers... The only thing they (KIA management) understand is stagnant sales figures. People that pay OVER sticker just because they have to have the latest toy hurt everyone... including their own pocketbooks.
Yes-but some in the last several months some have sold their existing vehicle for what they paid several months ago-or even more than they paid. So-you need to understand what circumstances would allow for a person to pay what the dealer wanted. So you broad brush isn't necessarily correct.

Yes-but some in the last several months some have sold their existing vehicle for what they paid several months ago-or even more than they paid. So-you need to understand what circumstances would allow for a person to pay what the dealer wanted. So you broad brush isn't necessarily correct.
I'm sure... however... for most of us, purchasing a vehicle isn't an investment, it's a depreciating commodity. I'm talking about dealers deliberately charging thousands of dollars on top of sticker. Some say "free market"... I call it "greed". Paying what the "dealer wanted" allows them to think that every consumer has deep pockets. It's the mentality of it.

I'm sure... however... for most of us, purchasing a vehicle isn't an investment, it's a depreciating commodity. I'm talking about dealers deliberately charging thousands of dollars on top of sticker. Some say "free market"... I call it "greed". Paying what the "dealer wanted" allows them to think that every consumer has deep pockets. It's the mentality of it.
The consumer who didn't trade up under the circumstances I mentioned doesn't have to buy the car for whatever amount over sticker. State franchise laws are the issue. Write your state legislator.

I owned a 2016 Kia Sorrento which was eventually totaled. That particular dealership was stellar. It's a shame that other dealerships and not just Kia are so rotten.

I actually tried to buy a Kia in 2019 - thankfully it didn't work out. The dealer was the reason. Seemed to me they were used to selling to a very different customer type - uninformed and with no money - based on all the tactics they tried with me.

Had not similar problems in the past or after.

A
I actually tried to buy a Kia in 2019 - thankfully it didn't work out. The dealer was the reason. Seemed to me they were used to selling to a very different customer type - uninformed and with no money - based on all the tactics they tried with me.

Well... some here think we should write our state legislators.... I prefer educating buyers and manufacturers enforcing their own policies. I'm glad it didn't work out.

Kia ones around here are pretty terrible in general... and you can tell hyundai is a sister company :LOL:.

Like the one who charged me 175$ "diagnostic fee" to look up at bottom of car and tell me the parking brake cable is bad... while performing a free brake inspection during a recall service appointment... and they didnt even work on the car for 5 hours. wife was "waiting" on the car.

FTC Takes Action Against Multistate Auto Dealer Napleton for Sneaking Illegal Junk Fees onto Bills and Discriminating Against Black Consumers.

Napleton Kia of Elmhurst (IL)
Napleton’s Northlake Kia (North Palm Beach, Fla.)
Napleton’s Mid Rivers Kia (St. Peters, Mo.)

Even as a so called "fan boy" I have not been impressed with the H/K dealers... But yet I don't buy new H/K's so it really does not matter for ME. at the end of the day... Service and parts are far more important to me than the dealer experience when buying new and paying over MSRP....

If you want first class treatment... well you will probably not get it at a H/K dealer. Maybe some coffee though?

That had to have been interesting! If only you'd gone in there with a hidden camera... 🎥

It really is too bad you can’t buy direct like Tesla

Back