Jakes on a Ford

I was just wondering if something designed for a VGT Brake/Exhaust Brake was commanding enough pressure to deal with the extra power of a Jake Brake.
True, no issues so far. I've tuned the transmission to be locked most of the time as well as turning up the line pressures. The trans isn't slipping or making any metal, so it's very happy. I may upgrade the shift solenoids in time to the stage 2 units, but so far so good.:)

Does anyone ever comment on the DD sound coming from your truck? I realize most of the population has no idea or cares what's making the noise.

Does anyone ever comment on the DD sound coming from your truck? I realize most of the population has no idea or cares what's making the noise.
I've only had two people ask what engine is in the truck. For the most part no one notices other than it might sound different.:)

Was the truck towing the camera car?
With such little distance between the two vehicles-6 to 8 feet-I was expecting a deer to leap in front of the Ford.
Ford applies brakes..then bang! another car repair video.

Was the truck towing the camera car?
With such little distance between the two vehicles-6 to 8 feet-I was expecting a deer to leap in front of the Ford.
Ford applies brakes..then bang! another car repair video.
Yes it's being towed.:) It's a great vantage point to hear the exhaust note.:)

Once when my dad used his Jake Brake someone came running out of their house asking if everything was ok LOL 😂. We are like yeah everything is fine haven’t you heard this as many trucks that come thru here. They thought we had blown a turbo.

Was the jake brake offered on the '53 or did you make one one with the parts available for the bigger engines?

Back