IWB holsters

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anybody here carry IWB at 3 o'clock? I'm looking for a comfortable holster in that position for a Ruger SR9.

I've read a lot of good things about supertuck's crossbreed, but it looks like they recommend carrying just behind the hip bone with that setup.

Im not a fan of 3 o'clock. Im left and I carry at about 7 to 8. I cant stand it rubbing on my hip. I stick with my pocket 380 most of the time now.

The CBST is great for great big guns but overkill for your application. It is also important that you realize that many holsters are not designed for 3:00. One that is, will work great for your application and is a moderately priced but high quality custom leather is a Nick Mathews #1. Nick specifically designs this for 3:00 and his quality is equal to $100+ holsters. He has a quick turnaround right now because he shut down for a while during a recent move.

My personal favorite, especially for a smaller pistol is Brommeland Gunleather's Max Con V. If you're into leather craftsmanship, this is the ultimate and you'll pay for at $120-$150. However, it is definitely a 4:00 IWB and typically a three month wait.

If you haven't tried a belly band yet - try it. It is so much more comfortable than a IWB holster, you dont have to wear pants 1-2inches bigger, much less noticible and not expensive. I just wear it low on my belly near my pants waistband and let the barrel go into my pants a little. I've tried probably 5-6 different IWB holsters and didn't like any of them.

Originally Posted By: Chris B.
I use a Rocket Man brand Low Rider holster for my Glocks. Very comfortable.

This is also what I use for my Glocks and love it. I have other holsters but this is pretty much the only one I use. I also have one of his OWB holsters which I also like but don't use much.

I have used many different holsters in many different positions and have setteled on IWB most of the time and shoulder holster when I can wear a jacket. I personally prefer the Galco King Tuck for IWB both with glocks and 1911's. Very comfortable for all day wear and while seated.

Originally Posted By: law3500
I have used many different holsters in many different positions and have setteled on IWB most of the time and shoulder holster when I can wear a jacket. I personally prefer the Galco King Tuck for IWB both with glocks and 1911's. Very comfortable for all day wear and while seated.

Are you carrying at the 3 o'clock on your IWB? I lost a lot of weight and carry my Cougar 8040 or Steyr M9 at 1-2 o'clock with High Noon holsters.

I like DeSantis' holsters...I had one for my P95 and both my M+P and Kahr 45s. They fit good, and hold up well...

Ended up getting a blackhawk nylon IWB holster for large autos. Fits my SR9 so well you'd think it was custom made for it. Hopefully it will last for a good while...

Anybody ankle carry? Now I'm looking for a decent ankle holster for my .38 S&W snub nose.

Originally Posted By: Robenstein
I don't like how long it takes to get to an ankle gun.

I certainly wouldn't want my primary to be in that location. It would work ok when sitting in a vehicle.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back