I've never liked tinted windows but its just too hot. I gave in.

Whatever glass BMW uses, it’s darn good. I’ve been in many late model BMW sedans without aftermarket tint and you don’t really feel any heat coming through the glass.

There is a difference in glass quality between manufacturers, model lines, and I would assume, which manufacturing plant the vehicle came from. Two identical vehicles produced in different countries could very likely have different glass characteristics too.

Bummed to hear this, but happy to know the truth before I go off and do it.
They work. Here at high altitude it makes huge difference. In 2019 in December I got BMW. It was northeastern vehicle, cold package, almost no tint. It doesn’t matter ambient temperature, in CO sun burns everything. I would sit on super hot seat, interior was hit regardless that outside was cold.
I can’t remember what I put, but it was $550. Different car.

Looking at the specs for F1 Pinnacle, there are better performing nano-ceramic films out there today. LLumar's STRATOS nano-ceramic line looks to be on par with Rayno's and AutoBahn's nano-ceramic lines in terms of performance.

I just paid $480 to have my Crosstrek done in AutoBahn's i3 nano-ceramic film. This car has 11 panes of glass that had to be tinted....I didn't do the windshield either.
F1 Pinnacle/Llumar CTX is ancient ceramic tint compared to the newer stuff. Rayno's Phantom S9 is combines 2 technologies for tint, nano-carbon and nano-ceramic. So you get the best and worst of both worlds, no dye to fade, but there's still can be a low angle haze that carbon films tend to have, with the superior heat rejection properties

They work. Here at high altitude it makes huge difference. In 2019 in December I got BMW. It was northeastern vehicle, cold package, almost no tint. It doesn’t matter ambient temperature, in CO sun burns everything. I would sit on super hot seat, interior was hit regardless that outside was cold.
I can’t remember what I put, but it was $550. Different car.
Thanks. Any specific package you liked?

My F-150 is tinted and I like it but it's a little dark at night. The windshield is not tinted other than what the factory tint consists of. The back window is really dark.

Attachments

• a9WC3coHQICTHZri0%M2+A.jpg
    a9WC3coHQICTHZri0%M2+A.jpg
    132.4 KB · Views: 8
Rayno's Phantom S9 is combines 2 technologies for tint, nano-carbon and nano-ceramic. So you get the best and worst of both worlds, no dye to fade, but there's still can be a low angle haze that carbon films tend to have, with the superior heat rejection properties

I had the choice of either Rayno's S9 or AutoBahn's i3.....they offer similar performance. I chose i3 due to the better clarity it offers. It is a dyed film, but supposedly they have come a long way and it's supposed to be more color stable.

Back