I've never liked tinted windows but its just too hot. I gave in.

wemay

Site Donor 2023
20220817_115005.jpg
20220817_114746.jpg
20220817_114954.jpg

What percent is that? It's darker than I like but in Florida I might think differently. I am sure I'd get pulled over in mere minutes if I had that here in IL.

15% F and 25% R. It appears darker because of the windshield sunscreen.

Reactions: JC1
That looks legal for FL. I hate the real dark ones that are illegal in FL but are everywhere. As a Harley rider, I like to be able to see drivers to judge their intent. With yours I could see where your head was looking. The cops in FL are the worst, you can't see if anybody is in there. Cops in FL use illegal dark tinting as probable cause to pull you over. The FL tinter who did mine refused to go past legal but there are plenty who will.
Yours looks good.

I'm not into into tinting either so we use garage, windshield shade, and window guards on both cars

For someone who didn't like tint, you went pretty dark ! My car has 35% and isn't bad at all. My wife has 20% on her car and anytime I drive it, especially at night, it takes some getting used to. Things like backing up at night, with no lights around, would be tricky if she didn't have a back-up camera.

The reduction in heat is minimal at best; it is mostly perception.

Signed,
Guy who has “high-end” ceramic tint on all 3 vehicles.

In a car that's been parking outside for some time I agree but I noticed it does lengthen the time it takes for the sunlight to heat up the car and the heat from the sunlight beaming in. It only took 80K miles in the focus and a trip to Utah in May for me to get tints.

The reduction in heat is minimal at best; it is mostly perception.

Signed,
Guy who has “high-end” ceramic tint on all 3 vehicles.
I can't say I've noticed much difference in heating between the un-tinted focus and the factory tint on the rear windows on the Outback. The tint is a pain when trying to find stuff in the Outback though, on my car I just look in the windows and done, the Outback I have to open the hatch and a rear door to find the other shoe, baseball glove, water bottle, etc...
We also leave windows open an inch or two at half of the places we go, the other half I leave them down all the way... Its lunacy to me why people seal their car up tight with a cloudless sky in a near zero crime area...

I can't say I've noticed much difference in heating between the un-tinted focus and the factory tint on the rear windows on the Outback. The tint is a pain when trying to find stuff in the Outback though, on my car I just look in the windows and done, the Outback I have to open the hatch and a rear door to find the other shoe, baseball glove, water bottle, etc...
We also leave windows open an inch or two at half of the places we go, the other half I leave them down all the way... Its lunacy to me why people seal their car up tight with a cloudless sky in a near zero crime area...
because douchebags do bad stuff. such as throw in a hamburger wrapper covered in ketchup etc.,

And from someone who will donate to another Dermatologist and his/her retirement house in the AM
There is more to it - UV protection for the side of your face …

Back