It's time for last years nuttiest questions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes folks, what was last years nuttiest question or statement.. list yours please.

My favorite-- what kind of oil do I use in my car? --answer is-- what the manual says to use, imho.

My favorite ones are where they live where it stays 100F+ year round,their car specs a 10W,and they ask if they should use a 0W to prevent that mystical startup wear!

Originally Posted By: aquariuscsm
My favorite ones are where they live where it stays 100F+ year round,their car specs a 10W,and they ask if they should use a 0W to prevent that mystical startup wear!
10-4

Originally Posted By: CourierDriver
Yes folks, what was last years nuttiest question or statement.. list yours please.

My favorite-- what kind of oil do I use in my car? --answer is-- what the manual says to use, imho.

I always get a chuckle when the answer is, "check the oil cap," as if the oil cap is an oil authority of sorts. I'd rather know what oil optimizes engine lifetime wear. And that's sometimes a different answer than manual, oil cap, or manufacturer.

Or the simple question of:
"What oil should I use"?

Without any vehicle information, history, engine size, driving style, climate etc. Just, "what oil should I use"?

-the thunderware thread (oops :-O the underware thread)
-the Merk's 'rrhoids thread

and the "going out with a grilled BANG" thread: turtlevette and the thread with "anybody not eating a raw steak is a ...."

Originally Posted By: 69GTX
Originally Posted By: CourierDriver

I always get a chuckle when the answer is, "check the oil cap," as if the oil cap is an oil authority of sorts. I'd rather know what oil optimizes engine lifetime wear. And that's sometimes a different answer than manual, oil cap, or manufacturer.

What if the oil cap had been exchanged from another vehicle, and it was not correct?
What if you read it up-side down.....a 5w-30 would be a 03-w5?
So complicated, the angst, the angst

laugh.gif

What was that thread about the fishing lure that fell into the oil fill hole? That might've been from 2014 or 15?

Originally Posted By: pandus13
-the thunderware thread (oops :-O the underware thread)
-the Merk's 'rrhoids thread

and the "going out with a grilled BANG" thread: turtlevette and the thread with "anybody not eating a raw steak is a ...."
+1

Originally Posted By: Chris142
Dont forget the guys that panic over a used crush washer.

On my mom's car I've reused the oil drain plug crush washer about 20 times without any leaks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back