It's Official!

Status
Not open for further replies.
quote:

Originally posted by GROUCHO MARX:
I would rather read about changing oil than doing it.

It became this way with exercise a long time ago.

Maybe on a Honda!
wink.gif

My '05 Explorer's oil and filter change is 15-20 minutes with the Fumoto valve and no need for ramps.
Wife's '05 Corolla 5 minutes or so longer.
I don't mind doing the change.

My how I miss my Grand Am, I could change in 5 minutes without breaking a sweat.
grin.gif

quote:

Originally posted by OriginHacker21:
Changing oil in a 2.2L Ecotec is the easiest thing to do... So much fun... Just to keep myself from changing it every 3k...
tongue.gif

Love that change from the top cartridge. Well there is the rip off pricing of the element.

I never could understand why so many cars have no drain for the transmission sump. Some of the Japanese makes do though. That is one job where it is definately advantageous to have the car up on a lift. I've done it on the ground, but I always end up spilling more fluid then what makes it into the drain pan.

pat.gif

Groucho I can relate; I actually dreaded my last oil change for some reason I don't know why. getting lazy too I suppose. I spend more time on this site than I do in my own cars! I'm even getting too lazy to read the entire thread, I read the original post on a thread and reply. someone may have said the same response five posts above me but I'm getting lazy. so sorry guys if lately all my posts are repeating what other people say!
lol.gif

The Fumoto valve ENABLES unnecessary oil changes.

I'm convinced Havoline and Mobil1 invented the Fumoto and sold it cheap to Mr. Fu.

Man, if you have a Fumoto, THAT'S livin, huh?

quote:

Originally posted by toocrazy2yoo:
The Fumoto valve ENABLES unnecessary oil changes.

I'm convinced Havoline and Mobil1 invented the Fumoto and sold it cheap to Mr. Fu.

Man, if you have a Fumoto, THAT'S livin, huh?

grin.gif
I've been using Fumotos for over 15 years.
cheers.gif

How does a oil plug valve make you change it more often? Taking a plug out is about the easiest job there is.

quote:

Originally posted by T-Keith:
How does a oil plug valve make you change it more often? Taking a plug out is about the easiest job there is.

Actually moving a lever on the valve to the right to drain is much easier.
Also hands stay clean,no tool,no washer to deal with,no hot oil on hand and no dropping of plug into the oil.
smile.gif

I look forward to doing oil changes. I was happy I did an Auto RX treatment so I could change my oil more often than the 6 month interval I am going to do on the wife's van, and going 7500 miles on my car makes me ancy to change when it comes around every 3-4 months.

I love changing my oil, always have. I live in an apt now, so it's not as easy to do it on the DL. When i lived with my folks i changed my oil waaaaayyyy too often. If i can ever see my way clear to buy a house, i hope it has a nice garage so i can change my oil every weekend
wink.gif

I take my time, clean the filter mount thoroughly, clean up any oil drips, clean the plug and replace the crushable washer, and usually take apart the air-filter housing and clean the throttle body. All in all it takes no more than 30 minutes.

Right on, Grouch.
I was quite busy yesterday raking and cleaning outside, it was a lovely day. I was walking by the Corolla and remembered I had about 400 more miles on my AutoRx cleaning phase so I couldn't change the oil yet.
I did get the pan out and did a quick drain/fill on the auto trans....just had to get my hands dirty.
Me and the neighborhood cats are all in heat too.
grin.gif

P.B. (must be Spring)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back