It's Official - the Camaro Will Return in 2008

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is certainly not a surprise, but I'm glad it's official.

Who wants to venture a guess about where they'll produce it? My money is on Oshawa.

As usual, when GM does produce the Camaro, there will be recalls and let's not forget, GM always uses the end customer for the last part of product development. Previous "F" body car quality was mediocre, I don't see any changes with that forthcoming.
crushedcar.gif

quote:

Originally posted by Terry:
Will it be made by Toyota or GM ?

The word is it will be a rebadged Camry Solara, but the rear tires (although not drive wheels), will be twice as wide as the front.
lol.gif

I'll bet it will blow away performance wise anything Hondota makes with better reliability to boot. The appearant "American autos suck" bias from some on this board has a putrid odor IMHO.
thumbsdown.gif
Flame on.
patriot.gif

quote:

Originally posted by Matt_S:
Who wants to venture a guess about where they'll produce it? My money is on Oshawa.

I'm not a gambling man, nor am I really a GM man either, and without knowing anything different, since the GTO is gone, I'd venture to guess maybe it'll be made in Australia?
It'd make sense as far as I can see it.

I heard from another source Traverse City, MI. Anyway, there sure is a lot of domestic bashing on this site. Maybe these folks will see the light when their job is outsourced just because someone in another country is willing to work for nothing. See how many imports they buy then.

The body style looks good, I hope the price is kept out of the stratosphere.
It seems to me that the General would be in a lot less financial trouble if they would reach back into their glory days for vehicle styling more often. People still love 55-57 shoeboxes, 67-69 Camaros, 64-72 Chevelles, 65-67 Novas and the various GM twins.
Can you imagine a new rwd 56 Bel-Air Nomad styled wagon with modern safety and reliability? Talk about a Dodge Magnum killer!

Sorry Rickey, just kidding ..
I have no idea where it will be built. I own a Corolla that was built about 150 miles away in Cambridge, Ontario. Hopefully we get the Camaro in Oshawa, Ontario. I heard that Ontario is building more cars than Michigan. We used to build Camaros in Quebec, who knows ??
Can we rule China out ??!!

P.B.
confused.gif

I love my 35th Anniv camaro. It's less of a plastic fantastic than my dad's previous C5 vette. He also had MORE PROBLEMS with the vette.

Also, I bought mine with no power options because I know how problematic GM was in 02 with power stuff - and so far I've loved every minute I've owned it. 30mpg highway to boot.

I hope the next camaro isn't priced into the sky, but I hope they price it according to what you get and comparatively with the Mudstains.

quote:

Originally posted by ZJ JIM 96:
Cool. A whole thread where nobody spelled it "Camero," yet!

I hate that it. It is REDICULOUS when they spell Chevrolet's fine budget sporting product in any fashion besides "Camaro".

I may have "bashed" GM a bit in my previous post on this thread, but I am speaking from a bit of expierence. I owned 3 "F" body cars from GM, 2 Camaros ('78 Type LT and an '83 Z-28) and a 91 Pontiac Firebird Formula (350 ci with TPI.) All three were fun to drive but my Z-28 and Poncho had mechanical problems, ie. Air conditioning unit siezed up, transmission problems. I could go on but I do have a reason to bash the General a bit.
crushedcar.gif

quote:

Originally posted by chewbacca:
I may have "bashed" GM a bit in my previous post on this thread, but I am speaking from a bit of expierence. I owned 3 "F" body cars from GM, 2 Camaros ('78 Type LT and an '83 Z-28) and a 91 Pontiac Firebird Formula (350 ci with TPI.) All three were fun to drive but my Z-28 and Poncho had mechanical problems, ie. Air conditioning unit siezed up, transmission problems. I could go on but I do have a reason to bash the General a bit.
crushedcar.gif

You must not have drank the Cool-Aid.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back