It’s Official: Generator Ban Passes in California

Status
Not open for further replies.
It’s Official: Generator Ban Passes in California

The California Air Resources Board (CARB) passed a regulation aimed at “Small Off-Road Engines” on Thursday that will ban the sale of portable generators in the state — which includes generators mounted in recreational vehicles.

The ruling bans the sale of gas-powered leaf blowers and lawnmowers in the state beginning in 2024. Portable generators will be required to meet more stringent standards in 2024 and meet zero-emission standards starting in 2028.

In the 2024 model year, portable generators will have to improve their efficiency by somewhere between 40% and 90%, which seems unrealistic in such a short period of time, so the reality is, it will be very hard to find a generator in California in two years.

Obviously the board does not give a rats a** about the people who live in the rural areas who will have to put up with the blackouts each year. California wants everything on the grid or solar. Where are they going to get the power?

My nephew moved to California many years ago for a job opportunity . Got married , started a family , etc. He left last year . He said he had enough of the nonsense that the politicians were shoving down people's throats . When they started teaching his young daughter about sex and alternate lifestyles in school he knew it was time to go .

Before the ultimate closing of this thread-

I spent 55 years of my life in Southern California. Growing up (in the 60's) as a child in the San Gabriel Valley, and Los Angels Basin-there were times when the air was so polluted it hurt to breath. The population was 20million. In the Valley the San Gabriel Mountains were 20 miles away and they couldn't be seen. When I lived in the L.A. basin-Downtown L.A. was 10 miles away and you couldn't see the tall buildings-the air was so dirty. Fast forward to now-there are over 40 million people-more cars registered than anywhere in the country-and the air is cleaner than it's ever been. Can't argue with results. Is the generator ban-over reach? Maybe.

But unless you lived it-you have no idea what you are talking about.

My nephew moved to California many years ago for a job opportunity . Got married , started a family , etc. He left last year . He said he had enough of the nonsense that the politicians were shoving down people's throats . When they started teaching his young daughter about sex and alternate lifestyles in school he knew it was time to go .
tick tick tick....

They are not banning the use of them. Anyone who wants one will still be able to get it. IMO California is just pissing into the wind on some of these regulations.
If they try to ban fireplaces and wood burning stoves, both of which produce FAR higher emissions than all of the modern small engines combined, they will have a revolt on their hands.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back